*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Introduction
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1934947-Mobian-Chronicles--Steel-Soul/cid/1596389-Introduction
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Lol
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fanfiction · #1934947
After six years, Metal Sonic has escaped Doctor Eggman. The only question is...what now?
Chapter #1

Introduction

    by: Lol
Deep in Green Hill Zone, sitting among softly shaking palm tree leaves and rushing water glittering with the red and orange hues of sunset, a blue being made of sharp edges and cold steel sat against a tree in relative peace. Looking to the direction of the Mystic Ruins, he found that he could still see some of the wreckage from the fallen Egg Fleet... At least the fires had gone out. Picking up a rock and weighing it, he started to think...

--
Do you know what it's like to have nothing to do for six years but think? It's hell. I'm not even kidding, I speak from experience. Six years ago, I lost all sense of free will to the guy I hate more than anything. I didn't hate him before, not really, but after a few years I started to hate pretty much everything. My thoughts are the only thing left, and even those are filtered. Did you know I can't even say my own name anymore? Well, think it, I mean. It's painful. As in every time I think it I feel like I've been hit by a bus and struck by lightning at the same time. You're probably wondering to yourself by now, what the hell happened to you? Well, the answer is pretty simple. I got turned into a robot.

What? You may be thinking. How does that happen? Well, don't ask me, because I don't remember. I just remember before, when I was a happy little hedgehog running around with my best bud Tails and saving animals-the little ones, like flickies, not Mobians...And I remember after, which is to say now. I'm nothing but metal, various other electronics, and my thoughts. Worst of all, I know that it's not real.

Yeah, I bet you're confused by now. Sorry about that; most of the time my musings are far less coherent, so I'm having trouble getting them in order. Ah, what am I even talking about? You don't even exist, unless I'm somehow writing this down and you're a person reading it later. Can I do that? I don't know, I try not to think about all these codes and gadgets I'm stuck with. But yeah, not real. I've actually always been like this; six years ago was when I was made. But I was made with these memories, you see? I was already a person, put into a metal shell. You probably wouldn't get it. No one else does. Okay, let me start over.

First, there was this hedgehog kid, and he went on tons of adventures. He fought this jerk called Robotnik, who was putting the animal-animals into his robots as batteries. This kid met a little Mobian fox, gave him a nickname, and they ended up best friends for life and went on some more adventures. Then Robotnik managed to catch this kid for about an hour, and that's where it gets a bit confusing. Robotnik copied the kid's personality and memories before he managed to get out, and used them to make a robot copy of the kid. That would be me. And since I have all his memories and his personality, I'm pretty much him. I am him. But, he's not me. Get it? No? Well, think of it like this; you have the one kid, and then he gets captured and cloned. Like, exact duplicate. One copy goes free, and the other gets turned into a robot, but before that point it was still the same kid. I'm the one that was turned into a robot. And when that happened, I got a brainful of annoying programs that made everything awful forever. You probably think I'm exaggerating, so let me spell it out for you.

Number One, do everything Robotnik says. That means that I am now the servant of the guy I always fought, and that I'm the one kidnapping animals now. Including the Mobian kind. Do you know what that makes me? The bad guy. I'm a hero stuck in a villain, and it sucks.

Number Two, hate Sonic. That's me. Well, it's also the other me, but it counts for us both. Do you know how awful that is? To be forced to hate yourself to the point of wanting to kill yourself? Well, maybe you do. If you don't, let me reiterate; It. Sucks.

So, in summary, I've been stuck playing villain against my will, while other me continues going on adventures. And it's been like this for six years. But there is some good news! All of those six years, I've still been sentient. And throughout those six years, I've continually rebelled. And after six ridiculously long years, I finally did it. I broke Rule Number One. More than broken it; I've annihilated it and danced on it's ashes.

Unfortunately, I still have six years of bad karma and villainous reputation to fix. And I still have to deal with Rule Number Two.

This is gonna be hard.

--

Metal Sonic emulated closing his eyes and made a mechanical sound that seemed to be a sigh, before throwing the rock into the water and watching it skip for several feet before sinking. 'Opening' his eyes again, he turned to stare at the sunset, wishing he could frown thoughtfully. Now what?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Lol (UN: kidknux at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lol has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1934947-Mobian-Chronicles--Steel-Soul/cid/1596389-Introduction