*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1888025-Skins/cid/1855444-The-Pen-is-Mightier
by mess
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1888025
You or someone you know find a bodysuit device
This choice: Use the pen on Veronica  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

The Pen is Mightier

    by: rugal b.
You stand up and begin walking around the room slowly and cautiously. Veronica notices this as well. "Just what are you doing?" she snaps.

"Just walking around a bit." you state as you continue to walk around the room, "It helps me think. This is some pretty heavy stuff you've laid on me. Some weird stuff too. Gimme a minute to make up my mind?"

Veronica sniffs dismissively but doesn't seem to say or do anything to stop you. The truth of the matter is that you're casing the room, looking for any signs that there might be hidden cameras. There's always little signs to these things, you've learned, and to your surprise there doesn't seem to be any. Perhaps that's a sign of arrogance of how unbreachable they are that they wouldn't need to worry about anything going on in this room. That's good. That should make things much easier. But two people came in, others outside the room saw that, so when one comes out you'll need an excuse... and you find it in the form of an air vent up in the corner. You size it up... just low enough to reach via chair and large enough for someone to fit in.

You look at the pen and notice three buttons: black, blue and white. You wonder what this all means, what it does. Absentmindedly you point it at Veronica without thinking and hit the blue button and...

Information comes flooding in. Veronica Bell, age thirty-eight, vice president not just of corporate intelligence but of the entire company. And more than that... so that's what these buttons do! Veronica doesn't seem to have noticed anything so you smile.

"You know, Ms. Bell, you're not gonna have to wait until tomorrow for my answer." you say, "I'll give it to you right now, actually."

With that you aim the pen at her and hit the black button. She can barely muster a look of shock before she suddenly deflates, a pile of loose skin in a pantsuit. Quickly you get to work moving the chair over to the vent, you look and see a small latch and pressing it causes the the vent cover to come off and you place it on the ground. You then look in your jacket and are thankful when you find some of the smaller pellets that they seemed to miss when bringing you in.

You place it on the table and then head over to the skin that was Veronica Bell. Thanks to that blue button you know exactly what to do and finding the opening you slip into it effortlessly as it conforms and reshapes your body. Once you've got her clothes back on you smile: you're Veronica Bell now. You then reach onto the table and grab the pellet. You brace yourself and toss it onto the ground. There's a loud bang and smoke instantly fills the room. It won't be long before the guards come but that's the time you'd need if you were actually pulling off the excuse you'll give.

The door opens no more than 60 seconds later and two guards come rushing in.

"Ms. Bell, what's going on?!" one of them shouts as he fights through the smoke. "We heard a loud bang."

You cough and push away the smoke. "What's going on is that one of your idiot co-workers missed a small pellet he had on him!" you scream, "What's going on is that you're too slow! Because of that he was able to get away through the vent with the pen! Do you know what your screw ups have done to us?!"

"M-ma'am, we're sorry we'll find him." The other apologizes.

"You're damn right you'll find him or you'll be finding new jobs!" you growl as you march out of the room, "I'm leaving for the day. We're in potential shit and I need to get my lawyer."

You head out to the parking lot and as you arrive at Veronica's, now your, Bentley you smile as you pull the pen out of your suit pocket. These pens truly are the perfect disguise. The blue button "downloads" all of the information related to the target, including memories, personality and everything required to impersonate them mentally, directly into your mind. The black button turns someone into a wearable skin. The white opens the skin back up allowing you to get out.

You drive to the law offices of Janet Wong, a high-powered corporate attorney who works mainly for Veronica and her company; partly because of the money, partly because Janet and Veronica were part of the same sorority at Harvard. You demand to see her but are told she's out and should be back in a few moments. A few moments pass and while Janet doesn't immediately show up, someone else does: Connie Wong. Connie is Janet's 16-year-old niece, a cute girl and overachiever interning both at her aunt's law office as well as Veronica's company with a job waiting at either one in a few years when she graduates college.

You had come to switch into Janet; being so close to Veronica you could take her and her company down quite easily and you're worried that the guards might quickly assume that you've actually switched into Veronica. But Connie being involved in both is also less assuming as she's still just a girl. They captured you, threatened you and you want revenge and she'd be the perfect place from which to sabotage things. Or maybe Veronica would. They might not suspect anything leaving you free to slowly chip away at her company helping competitors... or maybe enjoy the luxuries and perks associated with being her. Take a small break from the corporate espionage game before dumping Veronica and going back into spying with your new perfect disguise kit.

The information from the blue button revealed one more piece of information: there was never a chip. It was a bluff meant to scare you into cooperating. They'll be on a wild goose chase while you'll be right under their noses. But will it be as Janet, Connie or Veronica?

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Become Janet

*Noteb*
2. Become Connie

3. Continue as Veronica

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 rugal b. (UN: rugal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mess has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1888025-Skins/cid/1855444-The-Pen-is-Mightier