*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1886863-The-Ultimate-Transplant/cid/1425935-James-Baker-a-white-middle-aged-computer-prog
Rated: GC · Interactive · Drama · #1886863
Experimental brain transplant surgery saves the life of someone very close.
This choice: James Baker, a white, middle-aged computer programmer.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

James Baker, a white, middle-aged computer prog...

    by: fantaghiro
As you sat by your wife's hospital bed waiting for Sarah to wake up, you pondered the events of the last few days in disbelief. The whole thing seemed so unreal..

While you felt like you had gone through the last 72 hours in a haze, you could recall specific moments with vivid clarity: the sudden impact as a truck "T'd" the passenger side of your car, your realization that you were unscathed and your horror when you saw your wife, the amublance ride to the hospital, and a painful wait finally interrupted by a doctor explaining the miraculous surgery they had performed to save your wife.

You shook your head in wonder. How was such a thing possible? Initially your happiness at the news that your wife would live outweighed questions about what the transplant meant. But when the other doctor later convinced you to sign the confidentiality contract, you started to think about the implications.

You were still trying to deal with the concept of Sarah being in a different body. So when Doctor Saunders spoke, at first you were angry at the mere suggestion of pretending your wife was dead. The thought of her having to assume someone else's life was ludicrous. But his arguments were quite convincing, so you were relunctantly swayed to agree.

Now, sitting here looking at your wife's new body, you wondered how she would react. You loved Sarah no matter what she looked like, but admittedly your lives would be more complicated now. Perhaps it would have been easier if the donor's body were more like Sarah's. But unfortunately you were in no position to be picky - the surgeon used what he had available at the time. At least the body was still female, you thought to yourself.

Still, your wife would have to adjust to some major changes, going from an average 40 year old Caucasian woman to someone who was...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 fantaghiro (UN: fantaghiro at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fantaghiro has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1886863-The-Ultimate-Transplant/cid/1425935-James-Baker-a-white-middle-aged-computer-prog