*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Pop
  2. There's no such thing as labels
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1883578-Punk-Rock-Middle-School/cid/YLZ832MJ7-Pop
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by X-Kid
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Drama · #1883578
follows a story of a teenager's last year in middle school
This choice: Pop  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Pop

    by: NVR
As a typical teenager that goes through phases of angst and is trying to find an identity and a place in the world, you definitely identify with the punk spirit, a movement about being yourself and reject being strapped by the boring social conventions and rules that you couldn't understand or just seemed so outdated to you, things that your parents and teachers wanted to push into you thoughtlessly because that's how they were raised and other nonsense instead of encouraging you to be the best person you could be.

But then again, you were lucky to be raised in a middle class type of family, so fighting the establishment for you didn't mean getting emancipated or something drastic like that, it just meant finding that space where you felt like you were accepted for what you were and what you thought, not for what you had, your gender, your race, your money or any other superficial metric. In such a space, you would feel valued and would feel like the adult you were becoming, your decisions and opinions would be respected by your peers instead of dismissed or shot down in a condescending way because they "knew better" and you could feel trusted to learn from any mistakes you make, if any.

You still remember when you found the art and music in particular that resonated with you, all of those guys and girls with guitars and lyrics that agreed with your idea that current way of seeing things was wrong and it could make life feel like shit but also defining how the way to combat such feeling was to stop caring and do things in the best way you knew, your own.

And taking pride of those lessons learned, you took them as inspiration to dress the part with t shirts of your favorite bands, studded belts, chains, comfortable footwear in your old reliable converse shoes and with jeans and a haircut that make a statement of dissatisfaction with the status quo. Nothing really out there as dramatic as it seemed, you were still getting into the whole pop punk fashion, but like other teens you definitely wouldn't mind taking things to a new level with tattoos or piercings if the system didn't suck and you could have the money for such things. You were still a middle schooler anyway.

What happens next?
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 NVR (UN: novar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
X-Kid has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1883578-Punk-Rock-Middle-School/cid/YLZ832MJ7-Pop