*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1875455-Nothing-But-Horses-and-Vore/cid/2335027-The-Plot-Thickens-Still
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Other · #1875455
Nothing but horses in this one. Everything goes as long as it is horse related.
This choice: Hop The Gate and Get Your Tour  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

The Plot Thickens Still

    by: Animalistic
Under the cover of old oaks you wonder your way up a steadily climbing road. The smell of damp earth and the gentle rustle of leaves in the breeze are your only companions as the road curves into an opening in the tree line. The road ends at a sudden stop marked by only a dilapidated shed with broken dirty windows, and a rusted out metal roof. "The perfect garage" you think as you imagine what it could look like after a little repair as you walk over to examine it. Tracing your fingers over the rough texture of the wood as you pass along the side of it you come across a side door with the same dirty cracked windows as the front doors have. You reach down to try the handle only to see that the lock had been cut out from the door. Curious to explore you push it open with a long stuttering creak and are immediately greeted by a gush of hot dry air and the smell of mildew as particles of dust float freely from the confines of the gloomy interior. Stepping inside you find a world lit by rays of sunlight as they gleam though holes in the roof. Setting the floor a flame with oranges and browns as years of dust are stirred into the air as life awakens the still air inside. You stop a few steps in and look down upon a rusted pair of horse shoes. You close your eyes to breath in the moment and a feeling to home swelled up inside you. You have found your dream.

Wishing to explore more of your new residents you slowly wonder back to the door and the outside world. Your vision is gone for a moment but as it returns you notice something new - a dirt walking path almost lost to the forest after years of disuse. But there is more to explore as you walk back to the driveway you see the roof of a farmhouse peeking above the top of the remainder of the hill the you the road ends on. Running for a moment to the top you hunch over with closed eyes before stretching as you inhale a deep breath. Your jaw almost drops at what you see after opening your eyes to not only the farm house but also a barn, stables, three massive fields, and far far away a lake of cool blue water all receding from your view in a slightly sloping valley. You stare in disbelieve as the idea that all this could be hidden from view by just a few lines of trees form the rest of the world. Then reality hits you like the end of a dream; the quietness - something was wrong . The world was silent, as in dead quiet ever since you first hopped the gate there hasn't been a sound from another living thing. No animals, no birds, no flies, simply nothing, even the breeze seemed to have stopped making noise. With this revelation that nagging feeling of something else being there with you, watching you, clinging to you like a shadow returned. "I can't just stand here" you say out loud trying to snap yourself out of that train of thought. "I need to get my bearing in this place before I lose it" you say before walking off...

You have the following choices:

1. To Explore The Farm

*Noteb*
2. To Explore The Path

*Noteb*
3. To Go Back To Your Car

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Animalistic (UN: devent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thewriter536 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1875455-Nothing-But-Horses-and-Vore/cid/2335027-The-Plot-Thickens-Still