*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1871600-Paths-of-Feminine-Adventure/cid/2149757-Not-a-chance-even-for-all-the-money-in-the-world
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Adult · #1871600
A collection of story ideas. In each one, a guy ends up having to dress like a girl.
This choice: Not a chance, even for all the money in the world.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

Not a chance, even for all the money in the world.

    by: Unknown
And that was it. Mike didn't push Chris any further, and after a month or so hired a lawyer to fight the terms of his grandmothers will. He rarely spoke to Chris after that, partly because he was mad his friend didn't help him out, but also because he was embarrassed he even asked.

A few years later, Chris was finding work very hard to come by. He often thought back to that plan and the $10 million he would have made. He could have retired early rather than slave away in a cubicle paying off his student loans.

Yes, he had to admit, if he was honest with himself, he often wished he had said yes to the plan. I mean, actors get paid to dress up as women, so it wasn't really that different.

Oh well, too late now. He returned to his job, and lived a moderately happy life. He never struck it rich, but did one day marry...then got divorced since his work schedule was too demanding. He later had a fiancée, with whom he had a chil with, but they called off the wedding when she confessed she was really a lesbian. She was a good mother though, and Chris worked as hard as he could to pay the child support, and mostly was able to do so in time.

But the recession of 2029 hit him hard, and he. Was laid off. When he couldn't pay child support, she eventually took their son away moving to Texas with her domestic partner. Chris rarely saw his son anymore, and typically only 1 holiday a year or so at best. He took a job as a cashier at Walmart, and months turned to years and turned into 12 years before he realized that so much time had passed him by.

His career was non-exist ant, unless you count becoming an assistant manager a career. He made ok money now, enough to survive, but had no wife and only 1 child he barely ever saw. He spent most of his money and free time at a local bar, but really...he was very lonely.

He often thought back to that easy $10 million, and wished he had taken that chance. He died alone from depression and alcohol abuse in 2045 at a relatively young age. He never held more than $5000 in his bank account, and never paid off his loans. He wasn't a happy man, but at least he died exactly like that...as a man.

And if you could have asked him and shown him the alternative, I suspect he would have been happy about that at least.

THE END.

You've come to the end of the story. You can:

  1. Step back to the previous chapter.
  2. Start reading the story from the beginning.

Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1871600-Paths-of-Feminine-Adventure/cid/2149757-Not-a-chance-even-for-all-the-money-in-the-world