*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1871600-Paths-of-Feminine-Adventure/cid/1690282-A-reluctant-roommate-helping-a-friend-with-his-
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Adult · #1871600
A collection of story ideas. In each one, a guy ends up having to dress like a girl.
This choice: A reluctant roommate helping a friend with his bizarre inheritance...  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

A reluctant roommate helping a friend with his ...

    by: Goose
"That is the worst idea I have ever heard."

Chris went right back to watching television after hearing out his roommate's dilemma. Not wanting to end the discussion, Michael pressed forward.

"Come on, hear me out. I know it's crazy but I don't have a lot of other options.", he pleaded. Just moments before, Michael returned from the funeral of his grandmother. Michael's grandmother once owned one of the largest automotive company in the United States. While the company was sold off some time ago, she was still the heiress to a gigantic amount of wealth, and in her will she declared Michael the sole benefactor of her entire fortune and estate, much to the chagrin of his other family members. In her will was an unusual amount of terms and conditions for him to receive his inheritance, chief among them...

"Where am I going to find someone to marry who won't just try to take half my money and run?", Michael explained. Chris stopped changing channels just long enough to respond.

"Are you sure that's even legal? Withholding your inheritance if you aren't married? It sounds like something out of a soap opera.", said Chris.

"Trust me, I looked into it with a lawyer. If I don't get married in six months, I lose the inheritance to my step-sisters, case closed.", he complained. "I'd rather die than let those jackals take Grandma's money. They never liked her and were just counting the days until she left them a fortune."

"Let's say I go through with this... don't you think it would be strange if you suddenly appeared with a boyfriend, saying you're ready to get married and settle down with your friend from college?", Chris pointed out. The two of them have been good friends since meeting at University, and had just become roommates not 6 weeks ago.

"That's the thing...", Michael hesitated. "I have to get married in Grandma's home state, and they don't allow same-sex marriage there. For this to work... you'd have to pretend to be a girl."

Chris stared blankly at Michael, "...".

After a long moment of silence, Chris said simply. "I stand corrected. THAT is the worst idea I ever heard."

"Just hear me out! You're not a huge guy, and standing next to me you're kind of short...". Michael was a bit forgiving to his friend's ego; Chris was a thin guy and stood about 5'6, 120 lbs, while Michael was 6'0 and 185 lbs of lean muscle. "I think with a little work, you could pull it off."

Chris, just a few words away from a seriously bruised ego, lashes out, "So what, I look like a girl?", he huffs.

Sensing his friend's frustration, he backs off slightly, "No, no... not without some work you don't." Michael tries another tactic before giving up; an appeal to cash. "Look, there is a lot of money for you in this. My lawyer already drew together a prenup; if you go through with this, you're looking at making 10 million dollars. After taxes."

"...What.", was his only reply.

"The rules of her will state that I have to be married for six months. After that, we get a clean divorce, and you make away with the easiest 10 million you'll ever make.", Michael explained. "I get to keep most of my inheritance, and you become a millionaire." Chris blinked at the word 'millionaire'... he really liked the sound of that. Feeling like Chris was on the verge of changing his mind, Michael pressed forward, "You have to appear at the wedding and maybe some family get-togethers, but you'd spend most of the time hiding out of sight playing video games on the estate. You can quit that job you hate, pay off your student loans, do whatever you want!"

Chris rubbed his chin in thought for a moment, before asking something that had been bothering him, "So... why do you want ME to do this? Why not ask someone else... like an actual GIRL?". A small part of Chris' mind regretted mentioned the idea... maybe he just lost a chance at 10 million dollars.

Michael explained, "I don't have many friends, especially ones that are girls. All the ones I know are married or in serious relationships. Even if they weren't, you are probably still the only person I could trust with this... and besides...", Michael stopped.

Chris blinked, feeling extremely awkward during Michael's long pause, "Uhhhh.... besides 'what'?".

"If I have to just give money away like this... if I have to choose someone to have their life changed for the better... I guess... I'd want it to be you. That's all.", Michael stated.

The room was quiet for what seemed like an eternity, before Chris finally scoffs. "Tsk, what a lame thing to say.", he mumbles, not wanting to express the appreciation he has for his good friend after his admission.

After another pause, with the television spewing commercials in the background, Michael asks again. "So? Will you marry me?"

The awkward pauses come to an end when the two of them share a laugh at Michael's choice of words, but even still, Chris needs to decide whether or not to help his friend.

You have the following choices:

1. That is a LOT of money... why not go for it?

2. Not a chance, even for all the money in the world.

*Noteb*
3. Something else.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Goose (UN: wildgoosey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dayeandknight has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1871600-Paths-of-Feminine-Adventure/cid/1690282-A-reluctant-roommate-helping-a-friend-with-his-