*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Half an Inch.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1857017-Just-When-Things-Were-Looking-Up/cid/1301770-Half-an-Inch
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Iji
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1857017
Your run of good luck ends when your Girlfriend accidentally causes you to shrink.
Chapter #1

Half an Inch.

    by: Iji
Your phone rings. You're already dressed for school but are lying on your bed. Rolling over, you see that it's Katie, your girlfriend. You smile as her Facebook photo shows up with her Caller ID and answer, "Hey Katie."

"_____ , I hope your planning on working out after school today."

"Today is my rest day, so no."

"Would you do it for me? I made you an energy drink, and I really want you to like it."

"How do you -make- an energy drink? You know what, nevermind, yeah I'll work out today."

The doorbell rings. "Hold up, someone's at the door." Still holding the phone, you exit your room and walk downstairs into the living room. Before you get to the door, it opens to reveal Katie. Despite being Fall, she is wearing short shorts and her new 6'' heels. She beams at you and says, "Bet you feel short now, huh?" Grinning, you wrap your arms around her and lift her up before giving her a kiss and ask, "Miss me?"

She throws her arms out to the side, "Put me down, you'll spill it!"

"Spill what?" It is then that you notice she has a red solo cup in her hand.

"The energy drink I made for you!"

In your mind, you know this is going to taste gross. Then again, you also know that she just wants to be helpful, so you reply, "Thanks, you're the best."

"Drink it and tell me how I did!"

Bracing yourself, you take the cup from Katie and take a sip. It tastes pretty good actually. The drink is tangy and familiar. You chug the whole thing, "You know, it tastes like Red Bull."

"Well, it should. That's one of the main ingredients!"

You smile and ask if she's ready to go to school. Instead of answering she just stares at the top of your head. You roll your eyes up, attempting to be comical, as if ,looking to find what she's staring at. She's not smiling, just staring.

"Is something wrong with my hair?"

"What? Sorry, no. It's nothing. I just... kind of dazed off there. You know me."

You laugh and grab your backpack from the couch. As you turn to leave, she stops you. "Oh wait, I forgot my homework!" Katie then runs out the door towards her car, calling back behind her, "If I don't turn it in today, I'll get a zero!"

You try to yell back, "Wait, I'll go with you!", but she's already in her car and leaving. You sigh as you step back into the house.

----------------------------------------------------
PREVIOUSLY
----------------------------------------------------

Katie is standing in a dusty and cramped little shop. It has candles, incense, books by the thousands and just weird sculptures of dragons and bird-people. She shivers, hating being in some place so bizarre and nerdy. She turns to the proprietor, wrinkling her nose at the tacky purple streaks in the woman's otherwise raven black hair.

"Hi. I was the one that called about the shrinking potion."

The woman, dressed in brown linen and old leather sandals, stares back at Katie without expression. "You have the $200?"

"Only if you have what I need." Katie grins as she digs for her wallet in her purse. It's littered with tons of little things. Toothpicks, mints, gum, nail polish, pens, scrap paper, ect. It's a big mess. As she pulls out her pretty pink wallet, she asks, "And how small does this shrink him?"

"About half an inch."

Katie frowns, disappointed. "That's a lot of money."

"If you don't want to buy it, I won't force you."

Katie bites her bottom lip. "And this is the only one you have?"

"We won't have another shipment until next month. It's very rare."

Katie rolls her eyes. The plan was to shrink you down two inches. That way you would still be tall, but she could be taller in her new heels. Apparently it was going to take a lot longer to accomplish. Half an inch a month. Oh well, she had plenty of money to spend, and she thought the idea of being taller than you was just too funny to pass up.

"Fine, I'll take it."

---------------
PRESENT
---------------

As your girlfriend leaves in a hurry, you take time to contemplate what to do next. You could just go on to school and meet her at break. Then again, you could just go to her house to help her find her homework and risk being late again.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. You go to school.

*Noteb*
2. You go to Katie's house.

3. You suddenly feel sick to your stomach and topple over.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Iji (UN: ijirashii at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Iji has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1857017-Just-When-Things-Were-Looking-Up/cid/1301770-Half-an-Inch