*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Mess Hall
  2. Escape to New Heights
  3. Shadow X Rouge
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1849109-Sonic-Couples-WG/cid/2985523-The-Mess-Hall
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fanfiction · #1849109
Official sonic couples weight gain. Who's gonna gain? Men? Women? Both? It matters not.
This choice: The Mess Hall  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

The Mess Hall

    by: a1101
After a short consideration, Rouge came to a conclusion she wouldn't be able to sleep hungry anyway, so a canteen was an obvious choice at this point. And when it came to an attire, she'd worry about that later.

- "I'll... I think I'll go find the mess hall." - she stuttered.

Shadow nodded.

- "Oh, right, wouldn't want to leave you on an empty stomach. Mess hall it is, then. Follow me."

Taking a few turns, they arrived at the large room with paralyzed tables and chairs. It was needlessly big, considering the only person to ever come here used to be Eggman himself. Robots don't eat, duh. The side wall was entirely made out of glass, giving a pleasant, somewhat romantic view of the clouds below.

At the end of the hall stood a large machine looking like a jukebox, connected with treadmills to the kitchen, through which the plates would move onto the counter to be picked up by customers.

- "All you have to do is press a button and wait for a while. The process is completely automated, which is good, because I... well... I can't cook anything to save my life." - he proclaimed with embarrassment.

- "Golly! Is the "ultimate life form" admitting to not being good at something?" - the confession was found quite amusing by Rouge. Was his tough persona really cracking around her?

- "Oh, shut up." - Shadow tried to remain as composed as usual, but the bat caught a glance of a betraying smirk across his face. He turned around trying to hide his moment of weakness. - "Just press the damn button already."

The text on each button was partially worn off, suggesting the machine was used by Eggman more than a couple of times. Probably seen it's share of repairs, too. Feeling a little peckish, Rouge ordered 3 large meals, not seeing anything bizarre about it, unlike the black hedgehog sitting on the chair nearby, whose eyebrows rose high.

It didn't take long for the tongue of the treadmill to spit out the plates full of piping hot mac and cheese, egg rolls and pancakes filled with mushrooms and sauerkraut. Rouge grabbed them all and sat down in front of Shadow.

The taste of egg rolls was nothing in comparison to how momma used to make them. They weren't bad, just felt... soulless, which was to be expected. The machines lacked the love that a person would put into their dishes. But she left the complaints and a need for a kitchen revolution for later. Now, she just wanted to satisfy her gut. Moving to mac and cheese, she took giant scoops into her mouth, with no regards to table manners.

She ate in complete silence, with Shadie looking at her devouring the meal. Judging by his body language, he wanted to express something, but couldn't find the words for it, his eyes shifting left and right, hands gripping the table. Trying to break the awkward atmosphere, Rouge encouraged him and pointed a fork in his direction:

- "C'mon, spit it out."
- "Wha-? - Shadow was startled. - "Spit out what?"
- "You have something to say, right?" - Rouge asked. The black hedgehog was never a people person, which resulted in lack of social skills. He was nervous and trembling.
- "I..I..."
- "Well?"
- " I... I'm.. G-g..gla...
- "Ah, glad! Say it with me, Shadie. I know compliments are hard for you, but keep up with me. G-L-A-D. Glad. Say it quickly: "I'm glad-"
- "R-right. I'm glad to have you here..." - he finally made a coherent sentence.
- "See? Was it so difficult, Shader? Just relax, I don't bite." - she laughed - "I swear, you can be like a baby sometimes... I guess that's half of your charm..."

He hanged his head in shame, but couldn't help but smile at the ridiculousness of the whole situation.

- "See? Happy face! That's what I want to see more often. Can you do that for me?" - she fluttered her eyelashes.

"I guess so." - he bit his lower lip trying not to grin, but it was of no use. That cold heart of his was already warming up.

From that moment, Shadow opened up a bit more to Rouge, talking for prolonged periods of time, especially when mentioning his past. He even ordered a lunch for himself to fully immerse in the moment. The awkward atmosphere dissipated as if it never existed, as a bunch of chuckles and laughs were exchanged, the two happily eating their hearty meals.

It was Rouge's first date with him. No regrets. He turned out to be exactly the type of person she suspected him of being, deep inside. Now, that this part of him was resurfacing, she hoped their friendship would grow and eventually blossom into love. One thing was growing already - it was the bat's belly, stuffed with various treats.

https://ibb.co/GQygy0M (image no.1)

Rouge belched, having finished the mac and cheese and pancakes. She noticed a bulging drum having grown under her bathrobe, pushing it and trying to expose her half-naked, curvy body. Before that could happen though, she sucked her gut in.

"Ooh, I'm so stuffed I can't move!" - she patted her belly. -"Shadie, do you mind carrying me to the bedroom?" - she smiled seductively, her statement being a lie. She just wanted to feel his warmth, even if for a brief moment.

- "Uuuh, okay!" - he blushed at the suggestion, but complied, grabbing her by her knees and back of the head. In response, both hands have gently wrapped around his neck. Rouge's mouth tilted towards Shadow's ear in order to relay a message: "I'm glad to have you around, too."

Shadow carried his bat friend towards the nearest bedroom, which turned out to be quite labor-inducing. All that food in her stomach definitely weighed quite a lot and put a strain on his muscles. Luckily, his destination wasn't far off.

Inside the bedroom stood a comfortable looking one-size, on which Shadow put down Rouge, the relief painting on his face. The mattress was cloudy in touch and made Rouge sink a little bit into it.

"Alright, I'll search around for some clothes of your size in the meantime. For now, rest." - No doubt that failed heist and arrest attempt made her feel a little paranoid, so before leaving the bedroom, he did his best to relax her, even putting on a calm, soothing voice.

"You will be safe here".

Rouge reacted with a smirk.

All alone, she stripped from her bathrobe and placed her head on a pillow. The purple lingerie wearing bat quickly fell asleep, letting her stuffed belly deal with the second breakfast in peace.

https://ibb.co/thfDb0P (image no.2)

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Rouge got some casual clothes.

2. Rouge got some clothes and... a bikini?

*Noteb*
3. Rouge got some formal clothes

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 a1101 (UN: a1101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Unorthodox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1849109-Sonic-Couples-WG/cid/2985523-The-Mess-Hall