*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1832525-The-GodChild/cid/2662168-swimming-tryouts
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1832525
A child discovers that they have seemingly infinite power.
This choice: Swim Practice  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

swimming tryouts

    by: The prophet
Weeks had passed since Your first encounter with the kid you saved during the first day of school, apparently his name was Allen Rasul Collins, and just like you he was a freshman at Sunrise High school. In all of your days of living you have never met anyone more annoying. Allen seemed to appear everywhere you went, demanding that you keep the promise you made to him the first day you two met, a promise that you in fact never intended to keep. You wanted to live a normal life, yes you had omnipotent power but that didn’t mean you had to use them every second of everyday, nor did that mean that you had to tell anyone about them, you did not owe this boy a exclamation, you did not owe him anything. In fact where did he get off demanding anything from you, you a almighty being who could turn that mortal into a worm, or maybe wipe him from the face of the earth with nothing but a thought, this was your power, your authority, so the question that plagued your mind was why didn’t you do exactly that, or at least erase his memory? Could it be that you where starting to actually like that idiotic kid? What ever the answer, you had better things to concern yourself with, today was the day that tryouts where being held for the swim team and you where determined to make the team.

The pool was pretty big, and looked quite impressive, in truth it looked like a professional swimming pool. The pool supported ten lanes that where separated by ten dividers. Their where also ten diving boards that rested at the far end of the pool. You couldn’t help but be impressed. You glance over towards your right, you see a group of around 19 boy sitting down In the stands, all of these boys whore black jackets decorated with yellow stripes, the words Sunshine High Swimming team printed on their backs. You could tell that these boys where your elders, the people who where already on the swimming team. These boys where talking to one another and some of them looked at you with a smug smile on their face. You didn’t have to read their minds to tell what they where thinking, they where simply looking down on you plain and simple. You didn’t mind because in fact you where looking down on them to.

A few minutes passed and a few more students appeared at the pool. Counting you their where 18 students that where trying to join the swimming team. After a few more minutes passed a man who seemed to be in his 30 appeared. This man wore a Hawaiian shirt and brown shorts that had to many pockets in your opinion. It was obvious to all that this man did not know how to be professional, he wore flip flops to work instead of regular shoes so yea you where pretty sure he wasn’t professional at all, but in all truth and honesty this gave the man a more relaxed demeanor, and that wasn’t technically a bad thing in your eyes.

“Attention maggots!!!” The man yelled at the top of his lungs. “(Ok so maybe he wasn’t relaxed after all)” you thought.

“Newbies lined up on my right, and oldies on my left!” The man yelled as he pointed in front of him.

It didn’t take everyone long to get in line, even the students who where already on the swimming team, rushed to get in line. It was impressive how this man inspired obedience and loyalty in his students, even though you yourself was not afraid of this man, you thought it best to do what he says for now.

“My name is Jacob Russell, you will call me Mr. Russell or Coach Russell, do I make myself clear!” Mr. Russell says in another loud shout.

Some of the students shook their head, others replied “ok” softly as if they where mumbling to themselves

“I SAID DO I MAKE MY SELF CLEAR!!!!” Mr. Russell said in a even louder voice.

“““YES COUCH RUSSELL!!!!””” Everyone shouted in a loud voice, even you yourself.

“Today is the beginning of tryouts, your job is simple. Impress me. Failure to do so will result in termination. This termination includes everyone, newbies and oldies. So in short welcome to hell ladies. Mr. Russell said with a evil smirk.

“Oh brother.”

You have the following choices:

1. Physical Exercise

*Noteb*
2. Swimming exercise

*Noteb*
3. Bullies of the swimming team

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 The prophet (UN: michaelfizz123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
citywalker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1832525-The-GodChild/cid/2662168-swimming-tryouts