*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Brandon
  2. The Rules
  3. Wait Till They Get Home
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1745121-Changing-Days-Part-2-Wishing-Coin/cid/3216739-Brandon
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1745121
A duo finds a small artifact that can change everything they know.
This choice: Brandon  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

Brandon

    by: Koechophe
"Okay," Brandon says. "I wish every time James asks a question, he gets three months younger."

"Wait, seriously?" James asked. His form shifted ever so slightly, making him a fraction of an inch shorter. He gasped. "Why'd you have to make it so mean?" James regressed a tiny bit more, his face looking a bit softer than before.

Brandon laughed out loud. This was going to be hilarious. "You'd better stop that if you don't want to end up in diapers."

"Seriously, though, won't--" he cut himself off. "Everyone will freak out when they see me getting younger, dude."

"Oh, right. I also wish that everyone around James will think he's supposed to be however old he ends up. And I wish the world would change, too, so his situation matches his age."

"That's not better," James muttered. "Now give me that thing."

Brandon hesitated, then handed the coin over. He was beginning to regret making such a mean wish, since he was sure James was about to retaliate.

"I wish that every time someone treats Brandon like he's young or small, he'll get one inch shorter."

"Hey!" Brandon said. "I don't have any control over that!"

"Not so fun, is it little guy?" James said, grinning. Brandon lost an inch, and his clothes looked a bit baggier on him. But James also got a little bit shorter as he regressed. He cursed under his breath.

"I'm going to have the exact same problem you are," Brandon said. "Plus, I'll shrink right out of my clothes! Not to mention, if it gets too bad I'll get microscopic! I could die!"

"Fine, fine, I also wish that Brandon's underwear and shorts will shrink with him, and he can only shrink to a minimum of six inches tall. I further wish that he can't die until we decide to undo these wishes, and any major injuries will heal themselves up pretty quick. Happy?"

James regressed a bit more, now a full year younger than he was before. He wasn't much shorter, but he lost a bit of muscle, and felt super gangly.

Brandon bit his lip. He wasn't thrilled at the fact that his shirt and shoes wouldn't shrink with him, but there were bigger issues with this.

He knew that after already having regressed so much, James would not be in the mood to accommodate another request. "Can... can you please do something about how weirded out people will get by this?"

James shot him a dark look.

"I-if you do that, I'll set a limit for you on how much you regress. That way you don't end up as a newborn, or anything. Okay?"

"Fine, that's fair," James said. "But you go first. I'll be as nice to you as you are to me."

"Okay. Uh, I also wish James won't get any younger than four."

"You think that was nice?!" James asked. His body regressed a bit more, and Brandon had to hold back a giggle.

"Can it, short stuff," James said. Brandon lost another inch.His shorts and underwear shrunk with him, but his shirt and shoes were already feeling super baggy.

"Look, if you're four, you can still walk and talk, at least," Brandon said. "I actually wanted to say two."

"Fine. I wish that no one, except for me and Brandon, will be able to figure out what is triggering his shrinking, and I also wish that the people around him won't be freaked out by it, they'll just sort of accept it without questioning it at all."

Brandon exhaled in relief. That was better than he could've hoped for.

"Let's get together tomorrow," James said. "We can see how messed up we both are by then, and I guess end the wish if we need to."

"Sounds good," Brandon said. "But we should take a few precautions. Can I have the coin?"

"You think it'll be safe with the shrinking wonder?" James asked. Brandon shrunk, and James felt himself regress. He was already down to fourteen-and-a-half, and his voice was starting to sound different.

"I just want to take some precautions, then I'll give it back, okay?"

James grumbled, but handed over the coin.

"I wish that my shrinking and Brandon's regressing will both undo themselves entirely, including any reality changes that happened because of them, once exactly 100 hours have passed."

James grudgingly nodded in approval.

"I wish that this coin was on a chain necklace," Brandon said. A loop of chain appeared around the coin.

"I wish that this necklace would never fall off on its own, that it will never be taken or noticed by anyone else but me and James, that it can never be damaged, that the coin cannot be used by anyone but me and James to make wishes, and that if it ever leaves our possession, for any reason, it will reappear on whichever one of us was wearing it."

"Thorough, squirt," James said.

"Will you stop that?!" Brandon shouted as lost yet another inch. He'd always been shorter than James, but now he was almost a full half-foot smaller (James had lost a bit of height by becoming younger.)

"It'll be bad enough when my family does it," Brandon muttered. He handed James the necklace, and James put it on.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Brandon said, heading off towards his house.

"Bye squirt!" James called out. "Don't get into too much trouble, okay?"

Brandon lost another inch, but James lost almost that much as he regressed. He cursed. Now that he fourteen-and-a-half, each new regression would mean more and more height lost, since he'd hit his growth spurt at thirteen.

"Jerk," James said, his voice a little bit higher. He sighed and headed home.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Follow Brandon (shrinking)

2. Follow James (regressing)

*Noteb*
3. Something else

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Koechophe (UN: koechophe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Onlyonekey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1745121-Changing-Days-Part-2-Wishing-Coin/cid/3216739-Brandon