*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Your Breed...
  2. Your Personality...
  3. Your Path...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1727048-Dragon-An-Interactive-Adventure/cid/999870-Your-Breed
Rated: GC · Interactive · Fantasy · #1727048
You are a dragon in a classical fantasy setting. How will you master the world around you?
This choice: Patient and Turbid  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Your Breed...

    by: Shalion
Honor is important. Trust keeps the world from falling apart. Other dragons may not recognize this, but you do. Life has value, even the lives of lesser creatures. In time, mercy reaps far more rewards than ruthless conquest.

Now for the fun part. What sort of dragon are you?

The Earth-Render: You are a unique class of dragon. Rather than living in high mountain lairs, your kind prefer to burrow into the earth. That doesn't mean you don't share the same lust for treasure and glory as your fellow dragons however! Normal size for a dragon, your wings are shaped to allow you to move through the earth with ease, but makes your slower and clumsier in the air compared to others. Your knowledge of the deep places gives you special advantages, however. Your hide is tougher than usual and more heat resistant. It is even said that your kind can cause pits to suddenly open in the earth, change the foundations of the rock even alter the course of underground water. You hide has a pebbly texture and comes in various shades of brown from clay to light green. Your head is smooth and no spur or weapon lays at the end of your tail, but your large fore claws are good for more than just shoveling earth.

The Golden Mane: A strange looking dragon from a foreign land, you are the only dragon possessed of hair, a full mane that is always a shimmering golden color. Your elongated body is rather like a serpent and forshortened wings are used mainly for maneuvering through the air rather than to generate lift. You stay aloft rather by segmented hydrogen gas chambers lining both sides of your snake-like body. Thus you have potentially the most available fire out of any breed, but using up your gas also decreases your ability to fly... Your limbs and claws are small compared to the size of your body, but that's ok because your method of hunting is to coil around your prey and constrict the life out of it. Your kind is noted for a particular like of pearls, especially large ones.

The Seraphan: A more majestic breed of dragon you will have difficulty finding on the planet than the Saraphen. However, this breed of dragon is almost never glimpsed by earth-bound mortals. The sky to a Saraphan is more than a convenient way to get around, it is there one and true home. The average Saraphan, in fact, only touches the ground when it dies; they are born, live and breed all in the soaring heights above the clouds. Though it may be rumor, some Saraphen are said to grow to magnificent sizes, such that their wings from tip to tip would cover an entire estate. What is not rumor, however, is the clear fact that for their size, the Saraphen weigh extremely little, able to float on the breezes as the feathers that cover their bodies. You might wonder what it is that you eat if you never set your clawed feet on the ground, well the answer also lies in the sky for unlike any other dragon, you feed off the glory of the sun herself and in the distant heights above the clouds, you never have a want for food. Always a stunning, glowing white, a Saraphan is a glorious specimen of dragonkind sporting not one but two pairs of feathered wings, in fact, most of your kind tend to look down on other dragons who spend only part of their time in the sky and rarely ever enter into your lofty domain. As for other beings… well, have you ever paused in your stride to avoid stepping on an ant? I didn’t think so. While not truly aggressive, a Saraphan will never back down from a proper challenge, attacking with their claws, complete mastery of flight and vastly superior speed. Also, the Sarahen tend to hold grudges as well as the angels to which they are often compared. There is no getting off their shit-list once a Saraphan has decided that you have wronged them.

You have the following choices:

1. The Earth Render

2. The Golden Mane

3. The Seraphan

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Shalion (UN: shalion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shalion has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1727048-Dragon-An-Interactive-Adventure/cid/999870-Your-Breed