*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Explain the past some more
  2. An Explanation
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1623760-How-to-Fix-a-Swapped-Family/cid/801787-Explain-the-past-some-more
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by boyer
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1623760
A family that's been swapped lives their lives and tries to return to normal.
This choice: Explain the past some more  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Explain the past some more

    by: Unknown
The first couple of months were really hard as my sister and I had to learn how to behave as our parents. I don’t know if it was planned or a coincident that the swapped happened during the summer school break, but it was helpful.

As I had mentioned Sis had the harder time dealing with it, I mean think about it, a seven year old having to learn to become the bread winner, the man of the house. She had to pretend to be dad in public; driving his car, learning his mannerisms, habits and his knowledge of work. Mom and Dad did as much as they could to prep us for changes, but it was still rough. I thought my sister was going to be found out or worse yet, fired. But Dad, being the genius he is, came up with a plan pretty quick of using a wireless mic and an ear jack to ‘monitor and coach’ her when she was out and having to be him. It seemed to work fine most of the time and surprisingly within a couple of weeks my sister started getting the ‘hang’ of her new job and by the end of the second month she and Dad had stopped using the setup. I was really amazed watching her come into her new life. In the beginning she would come home and spent an hour or two talking with Dad about her job and work and what she had to do, but slowly she started to stop talking work with him as her job and work moved away from what Dad had been familiar with.

While my sister had it harder, because of her job, it wasn’t exactly a cake walk for me. I had to learn how take care of a woman’s body, run a household, make meals, shop for groceries and take my own turn at learning to drive. Sure that’s kind of the condensed version of it, but you get the idea and I would take forever to give you the complete details. Just as Dad had helped Sis, Mom helped me out as much as she could. I was taught everything she could think of within a week. It’s not easy being a woman, having to dress properly, doing makeup and hair and the worse part, maintaining proper hygiene. A week into it though I felt I had the makeup and hair thing down, the clothing was still hit and miss, but it was improving. I remember when my first period, as my mom, arrived, I was nervous, anxious and irritable, all the things she had warned me could and probably would happen. Still I wasn’t really prepared for the messiness of the whole situation.

Managing the house wasn’t really as hard as I thought it would be. Okay, at first it was confusing and hard, learning to do laundry and cook, but I picked up on that fairly quickly. Having to learn to balance the checkbook, pay bills and purchase things needed for home took a little longer. The first couple of times of going out to shop were disconcerting to say the least, but Mom tagged along and helped me stay focused. By the time school was to start up again, both my sister and I had both become fairly comfortable with our new roles.

Mom and Dad seemed to enjoy their new found youth, sure in the beginning they wanted to continue doing things they had done as adults; Dad wanted his beer and cigars and cigarettes and Mom wanted her occasional alcoholic drink, but this was more of a mental desire than a physical one. Unfortunately, where they only had the mental yearnings, Sis and I had the physical ones. It was a couple of weeks before either of us acted on them. We had been invited to one of Dad’s co-worker’s home for a party and although it was uncomfortable we attended. After that night, Sis would come home after work and have a couple of beers and she started smoking, just as Dad would or had. Mom and Dad used the entire school break to help us out as much as possible and become comfortable with their own new bodies. When school started up that fall both were having fun and quickly began to excel in their studies, so much so that they had to really try and ‘dumb’ themselves down. It wouldn’t do to have two average students come back from summer break and suddenly appear to be geniuses. Within a week they had managed to come down to a more ‘normal’ grade average.

You have the following choices:

1. still more background

*Noteb*
2. A different background

*Noteb*
3. A third different background

*Noteb*
4. Move on to present

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
boyer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1623760-How-to-Fix-a-Swapped-Family/cid/801787-Explain-the-past-some-more