*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562917-The-Prisoner/cid/723250-We-Are-Gonna-Be-Friends
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1562917
A young slave encounters another prisoner in the castle that isn't human!
This choice: White fur! It was an artic wolf. The gender couldn't be found by the fur color.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

We Are Gonna Be Friends

    by: philosophicalmind
The amarok's fur was white, Felix wouldn't be able to tell it's gender by fur color. Felix became very curious of this creature, never having seen one in his life and now there was an infant amarok before him, cowering in fear. It was quite a paradox that such a massive creature was scared of a small boy such as Felix, who now found himself lifting the latch of the door. Once the latch was gone the door was drawn to fall to the floor, but Felix tried to ease the door down, as not to scare the amarok more than it already was.

It was very difficult for someone as small as Felix to open such a large door by himself. He struggled under the weight, but he managed to slowly lower the door to the ground. Nothing stood between him and the amarok now, but it was still scared, not moving from the corner.

Felix wanted to assure the infant that he meant no harm, but as he moved closer, the amarok tried to move further away. It's back pressed against the wall as it realized that there was no escape and began to whimper uncontrollably. Felix quickly lowered himself to the ground, hoping to calm the amarok down. He figured that if he made himself look smaller the amarok wouldn't be as frightened.

The amarok stopped whimpering when it didn't hear the sounds of the human moving around, but it could still smell him. It slowly removed it's paws from it's eyes to see the little human in a submissive pose. The amarok was only an infant, but it understood what these beings were capable of, it had seen it's entire pack die and one of their own villages slaughtered. Then it was brought here. It was scared and vulnerable, but it now looked on in confusion as this one human had submitted.

It seemed like hours had passed to Felix. He lied still on the floor, looking down the whole time. Felix suddenly became scared again. He didn't know how the amarok would react to it's new surroundings once it became bolder. It might even become angry and attack anything in sight.

Suddenly, Felix felt something move above his body. The amarok had quietly moved towards the boy, very curious. It was a new experience to the infant to be so close to a human, but something about this one seemed familiar. Felix felt the air move above him and the sounds of the amarok smelling him. He looked up to see the amarok towering above, it's puppy eyes staring at him. The amarok must have overcome it's fears, but Felix stood slowly, cautious not to scare it again.

The amarok's head slowly reared back as it extended it's tongue. Felix was knocked back down as the mass of wet flesh collided with his body. The amarok was probably not aware of how fragile he was. Felix got up and wiped the saliva from his face, he remembered the collar about his neck. They were bound to each other by their souls, or so said Lord William. But he wasn't a man of humor, he most surely meant what he said.

Felix looked up at the amarok covered in white fur, kneeling above him, now with a friendly expression, but Felix could only guess. There was still much he didn't know about this creature, the amarok also had curiosity in it's eyes.

"What is Lord William planning?" His mind wandered back to the collar, now he saw the same collar attached to the amarok's neck, only larger in scale.

"Why he want me to be bound to this..." Felix realized how lonely the amarok must be. If it was just an infant, it must have been taken away from it's family. Now it was in this dark dungeon. It really needed a friend down here. It also needed a name.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. They get to know each other better

*Noteb*
2. A team of guards enter the room

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 philosophicalmind (UN: bloodlust666 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bruce Lee Gifford Jr. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562917-The-Prisoner/cid/723250-We-Are-Gonna-Be-Friends