*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/2646334-Any-Club-That-Would-Have-You-as-a-Member-
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1510047
A mysterious book allows you to disguise yourself as anyone.
This choice: Take over a school club  •  Go Back...
Chapter #37

Any Club That Would Have You as a Member ...

    by: Seuzz
There's no time to waste, as far as you're concerned: The sooner you're out of your shit life and into someone else's, the happier you'll be.

And a school club? You've never paid any attention to those, which makes it easy to assume that Blake and his friends, and Kirkham and his friends, don't pay any attention to them either.

That, of course, is a foolish assumption to make, but you follow it anyway. "Some of those clubs might be fun," you say.

"Some of them are pretty small, too," Sydney says. "That would make it easy to swallow them whole. So, you know, they get together after school to plan a bake sale or whatever, then as soon as the doors are closed—" She titters. "Off come the clothes and up go the chants to Baphomet!"

That would be pretty sick.

* * * * *

Sydney drops you off at the elementary school to get started on things, then leaves to run errands and to pick up some supper. It's barbecue that she brings back, along with a few other things. None of them are ingredients for more masks or memory strips, though, and you'll need supplies if you're going to make enough masks for her plan, as you explain to her as she starts cutting up cardboard boxes. "How many?" she asks.

"At least twelve, right?"

"Twelve?"

"Well, ten for each of the brethren. Didn't you say we needed ten? And then we need two for us. I mean, if we're going to be members too," you stammer.

"I assumed so." A faint smile appears between her dimples. "Feeling a little shy about it, Will?"

"Honestly, yes. Besides, we're not members of these clubs. So I guess I'm worried about getting them, too."

"Don't worry about it," she airily replies. "I can handle that part. And you know, some of these clubs I don't think they even have ten members. But assume we'll en masks, at least," she adds, "for our ten members."

"And two masks for us, for when we switch out."

"We won't need those right away, will we?"

You hesitate. "I'd kind of like to," you say. "Like, this weekend?" You jam a wad of barbecue into your mouth and let your eyes fall as Sydney looks at you.

"Is there some hurry?" she asks.

"I'unno."

She regards you levelly, then shrugs. "Then we better get started on figuring out which club we want to recruit into the Brotherhood." She takes out her cell phone.

* * * * *

You had no idea that there were so many clubs at Westside. It's almost like there's a club for each student. The Anglers' Club, the Ironman Club, the Brainwave Club, the Literary Society, the Murder Club, the Spirit Club, the Justice Issues Club ... You are so overwhelmed you hardly know where to begin or how to think about them.

"Here, we'll do it like this," Sydney says at last. She takes out a pen and starts scribbling on the cardboard boxes she brought back from her errands. "We'll sort them out according to type."

You've no idea what sort of "types" to sort them into, so you just let her do all the work. When she's done, she's grouped them into four types.

"So, here's a bunch of outdoorsy-type clubs," she says, pointing to the first list. "I don't know a lot about your local clubs here, but back in Kansas these would be guys who are always going outside and doing things. That'd be pretty convenient for when we want to hold outdoors ceremonies."

She points to the second group. "These are the academic-type clubs. The smart people, the artsy types. The artsy ones would fit in real well to the Brotherhood, and we could almost go public if we picked them for membership.

"Then these guys—" She points to the third group. "Well, I don't know a lot about them, but they're gaming clubs. I'm betting they're pretty small, and we could probably take them over entirely. Maybe have to bring in some extra members, even. These would probably be best if we really wanted to be secretive and secure."

She points to the last group, whose names—Global Awareness Club, Justice Issues Club, Spirit Club, and others—make you wince. "And these are going to be the biggest clubs, the ones with all the prestige. What did you say?"

"Nothing." Buncha stuck-up snobs, is what you murmured.

Maybe she heard you anyway, for she says, "And these guys would be the most fun to turn into a Brotherhood. I mean, think of it, all the environmentalists and minority rights people getting all into Baphomet all of a sudden!" She titters.

You have the following choices:

1. An outdoorsman club

2. An academic club

3. A gamers club

4. A socially conscious club

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/2646334-Any-Club-That-Would-Have-You-as-a-Member-