*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Molten Love
  2. The Bonds That Tie
  3. The Rich Life
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/1685403-Molten-Love
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1510047
A mysterious book allows you to disguise yourself as anyone.
This choice: Do it with him  •  Go Back...
Chapter #40

Molten Love

    by: Seuzz
"You and I could form a bond of another kind," Joe says, and runs a fingertip up the side of your calf.

"Is that why you asked me to copy Monique?" you ask.

"I'm not sure what I was thinking at the time," he says. "But now? Sure."

"This is kind of weird," you say, and swallow.

"It's just sex," he says. "Monique puts out for Jonathan. If it would make you feel better--"

"It would still be weird, no matter who you'd look like. I'm not even sure who you are," you say, and he looks up at you sharply. "I mean, that's supposed to be my anima in you--"

"If I was really Joe we wouldn't be having this conversation," he says bluntly. "It's me, dude. Will Prescott. Same as you."

You see an exploit. "So what if we reversed roles? I put on Joe's face, and you put on Monique's?"

His eyes go a little shifty. "Think you could pull it off? Ol' Joe putting the moves on Monique?"

"I have his imago. It shouldn't be any harder for me than it is for you."

He grimaces. "Well, we could do that later. We'd have to copy Monique into my mask. What about right now?" He nudges closer, putting his arm all the way around your shoulders, and his face into yours.

You open your mouth to answer, but he grabs the chance. He kisses you.

And then you're kissing him back.

* * * * *

The clothes fell off you on the way up the stairs, and Joe threw his away. You'd barely fallen onto Jonathan's bed when he was on top of you, pushing your legs apart and putting his hands behind your shoulders. He kisses you across your upper chest, nibbling his way across and down, closer and closer to your small but sensitive nipples. You shift about under him, and throw your legs on either side of his hips.

He raises himself and puts a palm on your pussy. You feel a warm flare, and twinge all over. "Jesus, what was that?" you cry.

"Something I've been wanting to try on a girl for a long time," he grins. "You like?"

"Mm! It was--" Another flare, and this one doesn't die away as rapidly as the other. It's like a hot pad, and you begin to grow very warm and wet. You gasp and gurgle in the back of your throat.

"Now, how about--?" He gets off you, to lay by your side, one hand supporting your shoulders, the other pressing between your thighs. You feel a low thrumming down there, like a--

Neither you nor Monique have ever used a vibrator, but it's what you imagine one is like. A low buzz that sets all the layers of skin and muscles and tendon and bone to vibrating in harmony. It builds and spreads, and you feel a vibrating finger pushing its way inside you. You suck hard on your upper lip. You squirm and look over at Joe. His hair is golden and his eyes glimmer like quicksilver, and his smile gleams. He is the most stunning creature you have ever--

It erupts within you all at once, and you're bouncing up and down, screaming. You get only one yell out, and then he covers your mouth with his, biting your lips closed between sharp teeth. You taste blood, but that just sets you off more. Your hands scramble over his hard, taut body, and something inside you is writhing to get out. You feel a secondary explosion down below, so violent you wonder if something has torn, and for a terrible moment you have the vision of Will Prescott's cock ripping through Monique Travers' imago and thrusting out through her pussy. You reach down to grasp it, but only meet Joe's burning hand. You grab it and sink backward into yourself as something molten and golden thrusts into you. With a shudder, you pass out.

* * * * *

You wake to darkness, and push your hair out of your face as you sit up. The only light is coming from the open doorway. "Joe?" you call. "Joe?" Your heart beats. What's going on?

Feet sound on the stairway, and a tall figure appears. The light flicks on. "Jonathan!" you gasp. For a moment terrible panic sweeps over you: Your boyfriend, catching you in his bed, after having sex with one of his teammates!

"Yeah," he drawls as he leans against the doorway. "The Beast called, and you weren't in any state to answer, so I answered for you. After that--" He shrugs.

You look around. "What time is it? How long was I--?"

"About thirty minutes. You were zonked. I'm sorry, I didn't know it was going to do any of that to you."

"What did you do?"

"I'm not sure, actually," he laughs. "Used some of my Stellae gifts in ways that they probably weren't intended for. I had fun for a little while in you, but even your reflexes went cold, so I pulled out until you could recover." He looks at his watch. "I should go."

You sit up. You are aching between your thighs, and when you reach down-- "Oh, God, it's filthy down here! I need to wash!"

"Just change back to Jonathan. It should evaporate." He runs his hand over his face, and Joe reappears. "So, uh, I could bring the Libra tomorrow, and we could copy Monique into this mask and we could try it the other way."

"If that was your essentia at work, I don't think I could match it."

"No, you couldn't match that. Prescott's probably got some tricks, but you'd have to do a lot more meditating before unlocking them. I wonder what they are?" He regards you speculatively.

"I don't even have any of the normal tricks," you mutter.

"So do it as me. As Joe. Take notes. Alternate, so you internalize it, like with the--"

"Shit, it's like I have to learn everything from you."

"Yeah!" He laughs. "Don't you wish you could do an actual body swap instead of just wearing imago or sticking some fake anima in me?" He grins, and with a wink leaves.

* * * * *

The next day, though, after noon you get a call from Ian Carpenter, and since Jonathan has a large circle to maintain you spend the balance of the day with him and Alyssa Randal and Monique. The latter is very quiet, and as you drive her back home to drop her off you ask her what's wrong. "Nothing," she says. "I'm just thinking about us." She declines to expand on the reply.

You're thinking about her too; you're worried that Joe will want to replace her with a golem, and you'd rather not do that.

But when Joe calls at around five, it's not to talk about her or about the Libra or about "bonding." It's with news that Frank is back, and that you need to meet him at Blackwell's.

You beat Joe out there, since you've got the Porsche and can cover the country miles at something greater than sixty miles an hour. Blackwell's car is out front, and there's a green, vintage Chevy Corvette--an early 70s model, by its look--next to it. You run an admiring palm over its hood as you pass. Frank answers the door when you knock. "Is that you, Prescott?" he asks.

"It always is, even when it's Joe," you retort. "Even when it's you." You push past him.

"You know what I mean."

"Yeah, and it is. Why are you looking like that? I thought--"

"I got sick of Blackwell's face and fat. Your cousin" --He grins mirthlessly over the word-- "is in the library."

"Jesus. Did you show him--?" Frank shakes his head. "Then how--"

"I knocked him out as soon as I got him inside. Joe's bringing the Libra over. We're gonna copy him into our masks. I already got a golemized mask onto him."

You step into the library, and a tall figure turns to glare at you. For a moment you think it's another duplicate of Frank, but then the similarity falls away. He's dark and saturnine, like Frank, but he has an evil, surly cast to his face. Lank hair is plastered to his chalky white forehead, and close set eyes glimmer on either side of a thin nose, above pale and bloodless lips. He's dressed in dirty work jeans, with a heavy leather jacket over his t-shirt. "This is Will Shabbleman," Frank says by way of introduction. "I suppose we'll have to call him 'Shabbleman' to keep you and him straight."

A cousin, huh? You don't see much of a resemblance, and of that you're glad. He looks normal enough, not like the horrors you remember seeing in Cuthbert on your last trip up there. You don't remember this one, though, despite his seeming to be about your age. "What's the story on him? What's his excuse for being down here?"

"Genealogy," Frank says. "That's the excuse I gave. Research into the Shabbleman family. I've hired him as my assistant."

"So what'll we do with him?"

"That depends on what we find inside after we copy him. After looking around Cuthbert, I've got a feeling there are lots of interesting things to investigate up there."

* * * * *

Will Shabbleman sits in four different places in Blackwell's library. The one in the leather jacket sulks, having been told to shut up. "Get a golem mask onto Grandmother," says the Shabbleman who is dressed like Joe. "That'll give us the town."

"Too dangerous," says the one dressed like Frank. "Even her relatives don't know what she's capable of."

They continue to argue. And since it's a democracy, they finally look to you to cast the tie-breaking vote.

The old witch is certainly dangerous, with wiles you can only guess at. But she's also got secrets. Some probably related to the Libra.

Yes, she knows about the Libra. She told her grandson to keep an eye out for it.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Infiltrate Cuthbert

2. Too dangerous; stay out of it

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/1685403-Molten-Love