*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/1363060-Not-The-Trois-You-Were-Looking-For
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1510047
A mysterious book allows you to disguise yourself as anyone.
This choice: Ugh--a three-way!  •  Go Back...
Chapter #32

Not The Trois You Were Looking For

    by: imaj
You gasp. A three-way? With Chelsea Cooper and Steve Patterson? You swallow, torn between the desire to run far and fast, and the desire to show how cool you are.

But then, you always were a bit of a coward. “I… Uh… Maybe I’ll wait till you’re done?” You quiver nervously as Patterson stares at you.

“You are such a fucking pussy Prescott,” sneers Patterson. “I was almost starting to think something of you.” Patterson stares at you for an uncomfortable few seconds, causing you to go weak at the knees. “Heh,” he laughs, his eyes lighting up with menace. “Pussy. That give me an idea: Clothes off Prescott.”

“I… What,” you stutter.

“You heard me,” he snarls. “Get your clothes off.” Uncertainly, you comply. Your hands shake at you pull of your shirt and unbuckle your belt. Patterson doesn’t wait around to watch. He opens one of cupboards and pulls out a mask. He throws it to you and you catch it.

You look at the reflection in the mask. “Really,” you ask. “When?”

“Lynch works fast,” smiles Patterson. His smile is a hard thing, toothy and sharp at the edges. “He’s gonna make senior member long before you do at this rate. And like I said, you wanna be a pussy that’s fine with me.” His voice becomes harder. “Put it on.”

You put the mask to your face and push it into place. Maybe you’re becoming accustomed to the masks, because rather than pass out all that happens is your vision blurs for a minute and you stagger about clumsily. “Looks like we have a last minute substitute Chels,” laughs Patterson.

“Maria,” gasps the fake Chelsea. “What are you doing here?”

“I suppose you think this is funny,” you say to Patterson in the lightly accented tones of Maria Vasquez, who is Chelsea’s best friend. For a given value of friend anyway.

“Fucking Hilarious,” laughs Patterson. “I always wanted to do two cheerleaders at the same time. Eva and Jessica never seemed interested. Not at the same time anyway.”

“Do we have to,” asks the golem, indicating itself and you. Its voice has an odd toneless quality, like it’s speaking very carefully.

“Yeah Chels,” grins Patterson. “Lick her out.” Chelsea looks at you, her expression carefully neutral. She takes a haltering step forward and takes hold of you by the hands. With a nervous kiss, she pulls you to the floor. She works her way down your body, kissing your plump Maria breasts, your taut Maria stomach before arriving at your newly flat crotch. Then Chelsea blows your world away.

*****


“Ugh,” you groan. “I had this lovely dream where Chelsea Cooper and Maria Vasquez were…” You stop and realise your voice is not your own. In fact, it sounds a bit like… “It wasn’t a dream, was it,” you ask, blinking your eyes open.

Patterson looms above you. “She must have been pretty good if you passed out like that,” he laughs. You sit up straight and look around. Chelsea is sitting nearby, her expression unreadable. “Listen, get a new lock for that basement in the school by your house. We can’t chance Gordon finding our little score.” The Chelsea golem flinches at the mention of Gordon’s name. “Or have him busting in on us if we've got her out.”

“What’ll I tell Keith and Caleb?”

“Tell them I told you I was taking it over and made you swap out locks,” says Patterson impatiently. “Does it matter? Make a copy of the key to the new lock and give it to me. This weekend we'll take your old golem--the one you made--and move it in there. Right now you going to clear up and let yourself out of here. Take Chelsea’s face with you,” he indicates the golem. “I don’t want Gordon finding it here.”

“And if he finds it on me I take the fall, right,” you say sourly. “You’re a real bastard, you know that.”

“And you’re smarter than you look sometimes,” grins Patterson. “I guess you’ll have to hide it real good then, won’t you? I gotta get going.” He strides out the room, leaving you alone with the golem.

“Are we done now,” asks the golem, still in that curious emotionless voice. “What happens now?”

“Um…” you say. The golem looks at you with wide eyes. On some level, from Maria’s memories, you know that it’s manipulating you just like the real Chelsea would. On the other hand, maybe Patterson’s orders have left it vulnerable. “You’re going to go to sleep for a little while,” you eventually say.

“Oh, OK,” says the golem, looking downcast. “Before you do what ever it is you’re going to do, can I ask you something?” You nod and the golem continues. “Was it good? As good as Steve thought?”

It’s an easy question to answer, and you do so truthfully. “Good? Amazing. I never knew… I really didn’t.” The golem smiles weakly. “It’s like you knew exactly what to do. Almost as if…” The golem’s smile crystallises, its eyes glazing. Is that panic? “Almost as if you’d done it before,” you finish, realising just what it is you are saying.

“I don’t know what you are talking about Maria,” says the golem hotly, its anger erupting from nowhere.

You start running over things in your head. Maria’s brain works surprisingly quickly, much more so than her airhead reputation would suggest. “You have done this before,” you say. “But you’re afraid to admit it.”

“I’m not afraid of you,” says the golem defiantly. You can’t help but notice exactly what it says, Maria’s exceptionally sharp mind at work again: It’s deliberately avoiding your accusation.

“No,” you agree. “You’re not. It’s Gordon, Kendra, others too. You’re afraid of what would happen if they found out.” The way the golem flinches when you mention those two names confirms your suspicions. “You’re not afraid of me at all. I think you feel something else for me. That’s why you’ve been so impassive talking me – you’re trying to hide it.”

You let the statement hang in the air for a moment. The golem is simply too shocked to respond.

“If Patterson comes back and asks about it, you know you’ll have to tell him,” you state. “Or you could tell me. I’m your best friend.”

“I don’t think you’re really Maria,” bristles the golem. “I saw what happened with that mask. And Maria would never stand up to me like this.”

“I am right though: You can tell me voluntarily or you can be forced to tell Patterson later.”

The golem deflates. “Promise you won’t tell anyone,” it asks in a small voice. “Not Steve, not Gordon and not the real Maria?” You nod your head in agreement. “Yeah, you’re right. It wasn’t the first time.”

“And you have feelings for Maria,” you add. The golem looks to be close to tears. “God, no wonder you seem so messed up.” You reach out and give the golem a hug. It starts to sob softly on your shoulder.

You lift your hand to its face and utter the words that will let you pull the mask away. Instantly, it reverts to featureless grey stone. You shrug clear of its loose grasp and look at the mask thoughtfully.

You promised not to tell anyone its secret, but it wasn’t the real Chelsea. It’s not even alive. Intuitively, you realise that Patterson would love to know about Chelsea’s secret - Maria’s memories tell you that there is little love lost between them. Telling him might even earn you a little of the credit you lost with Patterson over trying to back out of the threesome

But it would mean breaking a promise. Even if the real Chelsea would break one in an instant, even if you’ve been doing some shitty, shitty things to people recently, you’d like to think there as still some lines you just won’t cross.

You have the following choices:

1. Tell Patterson Chelsea's secret

*Noteb*
2. Keep Chelsea's secret

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 imaj (UN: imaj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/1363060-Not-The-Trois-You-Were-Looking-For