*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/1022141-Eighth-Spell-The-Test
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1510047
A mysterious book allows you to disguise yourself as anyone.
This choice: Eighth Spell: The Test  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

Eighth Spell: The Test

    by: Seuzz
The page containing the eighth spell is ripped. This was done on purpose by the book's compiler, as a test of the reader's skill.

The book itself contains a vital, animating force, and the solution is to use visible part of the spell to make a modified mind-strip. When set on the book itself, it will disappear and make a copy of the book. When the band reappears, it can be set on the torn page. The strip will disappear (forever) but regenerate the torn page, which can then be turned.

The visible part of the spell does not contain explicit instructions for completing it. Rather, the magician must have shown a superior sort of skill, demonstrated by the ability to understand the reasoning within and behind sigils and ingredients, and the ability to grasp the fundamental nature of magic (that it is not made of recipes but from the visionary ability to see how causes and effects may be linked).

This spell should not be solved lightly or accidentally within the story. The ability to make a strip of the right kind depends on reading the fragmentary spell in the right way, and a literal or uneducated reading of the spell will not create the right sort of band.

THE END.

You've come to the end of the story. You can:

  1. Step back to the previous chapter.
  2. Start reading the story from the beginning.

Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/1022141-Eighth-Spell-The-Test