*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. This is how you will die?
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1381651-Tiny-Way-to-Die/cid/497956-This-is-how-you-will-die
by chaos
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1381651
You shrink until you disappear forever, what will happen? Now with Harry Potter!
Chapter #1

This is how you will die?

    by: chaos
“Repeat that again,” you barely manage to say. There must be a mistake, you reassure yourself, there’s no way what she’s telling you is the truth. You probably misheard her in the first place and are getting worked up for nothing. The doctor’s office seems to shift and bend as you look at your doctor. Everything seems to slow down for you when you see her look apologetically at you and repeat what she’d just said.

“I’m sorry, you’re dying.” You’re no longer able to look her in the eyes as it hits you full force, you are dying. You feel sick and want nothing more then to run away, find a dark spot and curl up in shock. But you stay. Mostly because of the other news she gave you after announcing your imminent death. You know you must have misheard that because it was ludicrous, completely impossible.

Your doctor is going through some papers, trying to find the best way to tell you the other bad news about how your going to die. There are so many ways to die in this world, disease, accident, murder, but the reason you’re going to die is the most outlandish reason you’re ever heard. It can’t be the reason for your death because simply put, it can’t physically happen. “There’s no mistake I’m afraid,” the doctor sighs and puts down her papers, “in less then a week you’ll shrink down to nothing. Becoming so small, an atom could crush you.”

“How?…Why?” You ask as you grip with the notion of shrinking. It’s not too hard to completely imagine because you’re already losing height. You came in this morning to talk with your doctor about losing a few inches of height, thinking that you were probably imagining the problem. After a series of grueling tests and waiting for nearly ten hours, your doctor comes back to tell you you’ll continue to shrink until there’s nothing left.

“We’re not sure about either, you’re case is a medical marvel. We’ve never seen anything quite like it before in the history of medicine. The blood samples we took shrunk as we were looking at them under a microscope, which none of us can figure out. We aren’t sure why you’re shrinking, but if it continues at the rate it’s going, you’ll be lucky to still be alive by the end of the week.” She’s actually smiling as she tells you this. To her, your death will be a medical mystery that hundreds of research essays will be written about and millions of dollars will be spent studying, but to you, it means only one thing, you are dead. Slumping forward, you try not to cry, but a few tears escape you. None of this is fair, you don’t smoke or drink or have any diseases. You’ve never even been sick before. Why were you dying? The answer wasn’t going to matter, you were dying and no force in the world could change that. You’d be dead soon and as insane as it sounded, a certain freedom came from that fact. You had no future, only a right now, so what were you going to do?

You look at the doctor as she babbles on and on about studying you before you shrink to nothing. One thing was for sure, you aren’t going to spend your last days being poked and prodded by scientists. You had already been told there wasn’t a cure, so there was no point in staying any longer. You get up to leave and the doctor tries to stop you. Her concerns are brushed off and you look at her with a tiny sad smile. “I need to go,” you whisper and leave the room to your doctor’s protests. She wants to study you, learn as much as she can, but you won’t let her. Every second matters right now and you have to live every second you have left to it’s fullest. Life is short for you and it’s only going to get shorter because as the doctor had been talking, you had lost another inch. Soon it would be feet, then more, until you disappeared. Nothing left to do now, but enjoy every second you had left before you faced your shrunken demise.


{Now that you know the situation, who are you exactly?Are you...}




Peter Mawinski, age sixteen
As a teenager, you're allowed to be a little bit off. You like hanging out with your friends, trying to pick up girls and generally have fun. You are a very outgoing person, which has landed you in hot water before. Getting into trouble has never been new to you, there's a seat in the principal's office at school reserved just for you. It's not that your a bad kid, the problem is you rarely think about what your doing. A good idea now, might turn out to be the stupidest idea later. Beside getting into trouble, your friends know you as a complete dog. If it's cute, you will flirt with it. Although your standards are low, you're not considered too much of a playboy. You just get too excited and grope something or comment about something that you shouldn't and end up slapped or told off. That doesn't bother you, you're very apathetic. Are you Peter Mawinski, shrinking teenager and laid back dog?

Sarah Klamert, age seventeen
Popular, pretty and proud, you’re the apple of your parents eyes and a huge pain for everyone else. You have model like good looks, which you flaunt to everyone you meet. Egotistical, you can’t stand not being the center of attention and because of this, you’ve sabotaged and belittled anyone that could be more popular then you. Treating others like crap has not earned you any friends, but you do have some girls in school riding your coattails to be popular. You treat these tagalongs the horribly, insulting them to their faces, telling lies about them and making them damn sure you’re the boss. As unlikely as it sounds, you treat your so-called ‘friends’ a lot better then you treat your sisters and the unpopular students at school. You tease and make anyone less popular then you miserable and you’ve never regretted it, until now. Are you Sarah Klamert, popular and dwindling school girl?

David Cooper, age thirty-nine
You’re a quiet man, handsome, but far too shy. With short brown hair, baby blue eyes and a chiseled physique, not many people would believe that you’re withdrawn. You’ve always had a happy, satisfying life even though you are a bit bashful. You have a surprising effect charm on the ladies that makes you very popular, but you’ve never let it go to your head. Also having a calm mind and peaceful soul has led you to be considered a great guy, which doesn’t sit well with some of the more jealous people in your life. You remain oblivious to anything wrong in your life and enjoy everything around you to the fullest. You’ve lived without taking many chances, but will this change now that your days are numbered? Death can change a person drastically; a wallflower can become a part animal. You might just find that shy, withdrawn man disappearing as you shrink. Are you David Cooper, inhibited and peaceful young man?

Martha Baker, age thirty-nine
It's a man's world, but that hasn't stopped you from trying to rule it. You're a bright stock broker that is worth millions, who has worked herself up from humble beginnings to become one of the most powerful women in the city. Your success has all come from your cold hearted, cut throat business practices. You take no prisoners and accept nothing but number one. You've stepped on many people to get where you are and no doubt they're all celebrating at the news of your pending death. The person that takes the full force of your cruelty is your assistant Hannah. Poor girl only wants to make a living, but you make every day of work hell for her. You are sexually active, but your relationship's never last. You like to be in control and when you grow bored of men you toss them away. Your a bonafide man eater and have everything you want, which only makes you tiny fate all that more devastating. Are you Martha Baker, cut-throat bitch?

Or are you someone else? Someone not created yet...

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 chaos (UN: fearboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
chaos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1381651-Tiny-Way-to-Die/cid/497956-This-is-how-you-will-die