*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Food Court Bound
  2. Small at the Mall
  3. Choose a branch...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1327007-Survival-of-the-Smallest/cid/535848-Food-Court-Bound
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1327007
Unconventional macrophile story. You are shrunk to a half-inch and forced to survive.
This choice: Friendly's restaurant  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Food Court Bound

    by: Sage
You decide to head for the food court of the mall. After all, you are looking for someone who will look down and notice you, and hopefully take more than a few seconds to inspect you before deciding what you are. Not that you expect much help. Still, you felt it was necessary to try. If you can get someone's attention, maybe they can help you track down the girl who gave you the shrink potion and find an antidote, or hope that it wears off on its own after a while.

Looking around, you dash from one covered spot to another, watching as titanic feet crash to the ground from above, just people going about their day, none of them really caring much about what they might squash beneath their shoes. Which was just as well. At your size, you doubted anyone could tell you were a person from the floor. You were going to have to find a way to get closer to their faces. Someplace either high, or something they would pick up.

As you grow closer to the food court, you begin to notice a drastic change in the type of person you were seeing. When you'd shrunk near the bathrooms you'd encountered mostly older and family types, people about one and half to twice your own age, but as you got nearer you goal, the ages of the people you were seeing began to level off at about your own age. Not that that didn't make sense. After all, the arcade was right off the mall, and most parents tried to keep their kids away from that place, if at all possible.

After a few more minutes of walking, you finally make it to the food court, and look around, seeing no one you recognize, though studying their faces, or at least, what you can see of their faces, you begin to realize how different things look from this perspective. No one looks right. Not really foggy, like things in a distance, just, distorted. You can see every fault and flaw in their skin, and the images seem to move like liquid, probably a trick of the light at your size, as your eyes hadn't fully acclimated to your present height.

Shaking your head, you start into the food court, looking up from under the edging to try and find some friendly face you recognized. Good thing you were looking up too, as someone suddenly dropped a pocket full of change, coins larger than you were clattering to the floor, dimes, pennies and quarters rolling around like huge wheels for a moment, before falling with a horrible metallic clang sound on the tiled floor of the food court, a sound you knew was not nearly as loud to the people above you.

Looking up, you see a hand coming down to pick up the change, and get an idea. Probably not the greatest one you'd ever had, but then, drinking that potion wasn't the best idea either. Looking toward a quarter nearby, you figure you can grab onto it, and then get the person to notice you. But what then. If they see you, they may just shake you off, and even if bugs can survive falls like that, you're not so sure you could. Looking up, you see the hand growing closer, and take a deep breath before....
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Sage (UN: star_sage at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kamaria has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1327007-Survival-of-the-Smallest/cid/535848-Food-Court-Bound