Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(337)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 20, 2024 at 9:32pm
Entry 9/20
In the cozy corner of the bookstore, Emily nestled into a worn armchair, her nose buried in a paperback novel. The scent of old pages mingled with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee from the nearby café. Lost in the world of her book, she didn't notice the figure approaching until a voice broke through her reverie.

“What are you reading?” The question came from a tall man with a friendly smile, his eyes twinkling with curiosity.

Emily looked up, momentarily startled. “Oh, just a mystery novel,” she replied, smiling back. “It's about a detective solving a murder in a quaint village.”

The man nodded, leaning against the bookshelf. “Sounds intriguing. I've always been drawn to mysteries myself.”

As they chatted, Emily discovered that his name was James, and he was an avid reader too. They discussed their favorite authors, swapping recommendations and sharing snippets of their favorite passages. Emily found herself drawn to James' easy charm and his passion for literature.

As the conversation flowed, Emily realized that she had lost track of time. The sun was setting outside, casting a warm glow through the windows of the bookstore.

“Well, I should probably get going,” James said reluctantly, checking his watch. “It was lovely chatting with you, Emily.”

“Likewise,” Emily replied, smiling. “Maybe we could meet here again sometime?”

James' smile widened. “I'd like that,” he said, before bidding her farewell and disappearing into the bustling street outside.

As Emily watched him go, she couldn't shake the feeling of excitement that had bubbled up inside her during their conversation. Maybe, she thought, this chance encounter was the beginning of a new chapter in her life.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Entry 9/20 · 03-20-24 9:32pm
by WriterRick

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the twisted raccoon.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3632978