*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3588789
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 25, 2023 at 2:49pm
Private Reviews Should be able to be Made Unprivate by Write
I think when a reviewer creates a private review, they should be warned that the writer can make the review private at their own discretion. Then, when the writer receives the review, they can be notified that it's set to private and they can have the option to make it public. Maybe this option can always be on the review if they scroll back and look for it on their reviews page.

This way, if a review is particularly scathing, the writer can make it public and others can either tell them that it is harsh, but not unfair given the piece or that it was too harsh and unfair. Reviewers should be encouraged to give honest, but kind reviews, not emboldened to give cruel ones. I'm not sure that it happens often, but I know at least once recently, a person complained that their review was mean, but we couldn't see it.

Also, I tried to give review credits and advertise an exceptional review I received recently. But it was set to private. I would have absolutely made it public. When I asked about it, the person said all their reviews are made private because they once had a writer complain that they were basically airing the dirty laundry of their writing (not their words, mine lol) and that it shouldn't be done in public. The reviewer agreed and now makes ALL reviews private, even if, like I, the writer would want the review to be public. *Smile* She had criticisms of my writing, but not only was she absolutely right, she was very insightful. I loved that review, but no one can see it. *Frown* She also can't be nominated for a Quill because she has no public reviews. *Frown*

Easter signature

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels

MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Private Reviews Should be able to be Made Unprivate by Write · 09-25-23 2:49pm
by Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels
Re: Private Reviews Should be able to be Made Unprivate b... · 09-25-23 5:32pm
by The ScaryMaster

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3588789