*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3300820
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore. Prep 2024 signups now open!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 16, 2019 at 12:53pm
Re: Re: Like Cat, I Question...
It's not just the current book I can't commit to. I have general commitment issues in my life since Iraq. I'm surprised I'm still on WdC and am sure I wouldn't be if it wasn't such a social site. lol While I REALLY want to work on the cozy, I'm sure I won't finish it either. It's just who I am right now. I hop from interest to interest. Oh well. Hopefully more neurofeedback will fix it one of these days. *Bigsmile*

I do agree with writing scenes that strike you at the moment, not worrying about chronology. I was doing that for a book I was working on pre-Iraq. I had 115 pages done and was getting to where I was starting to sew things together to make it a more coherent story. I was really excited about that story and had been working on it for quite some time, but then it accidentally got trashed during a move. *Sob* Since Iraq, I just have so much trouble committing to anything for any real length of time.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion and encouragement! I think I will shift focus to that cozy. What's the worst that happens? I don't finish Prep? Well, I've gotten farther than I ever have before, so it's already a win. I don't finish NaNo? Well, I've never even done it, so if I start, that's also a win. *Bigsmile* I still have issues, but I'm getting better and better every year. *Smile*

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo's in Alabama

Technically, they aren't supposed to be called that, but everyone does.  They're "ID tags"
MESSAGE THREAD
Like Cat, I Question... · 10-16-19 9:50am
by Schnujo's in Alabama
Re: Like Cat, I Question... · 10-16-19 10:32am
by Joy
*Star* Re: Re: Like Cat, I Question... · 10-16-19 12:53pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3300820