*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3164192
Rated: GC · Message Forum · Community · #2146092
A support forum for writers dealing with mental illness
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 16, 2018 at 12:19am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Migraine + Exam Week = WTF!?
by Cinn
Dude, if I even start with all the bullshit people spout during class discussions, we'll start trading stories for days. Seems like it's the most idiotic people who love to hear themselves talk the most. Like your "combat the tide pod idiocy" guy... undeniably stupid. There's this one dude in my PM class that comments on literally everything and refuses to listen if someone (including the teacher) says he's not on topic or saying something wrong. He is battling it out for #1 idiot in my class.

Just this week, we were talking about Hofstede's Power Distance Index, right? Like, everyone in this class was familiar with it. It's a major management/leadership/business theory... the Cultural Dimensions? That was one of the theories that those multicultural training scripts weas based on. It's a big deal.

So anyway, there was this nice and relatively quiet Chinese student who had been looking up countries' PDI scores for 15 mins before class, and we were all talking about them. So then, once lecture starts, this Israeli loudmouth guy (given, there is some cultural communication style involved, but the dude is also an ass) starts acting like he's an authority and loudly saying the wrong scores for countries. He'd go to look one up, and the Asian kid would say the answer... and 4-5 other people would repeat it. And the Israeli guy just refused to believe it until he saw it for himself... and then he'd loudly announce what everyone else had already said.

Like... the prof would ask a question... this would happen every time... and then without commenting further on this question he asked, he'd just be like... "K. Moving on..." *Rolling* I know that I'm a talkative type too and always have something to say, but I listen to other people on occasion. Plus, I was the person in the class who was most familiar with Hofstede... I've had to research the fuck out of it... you need to know shit inside out to take the theory and create characters and a script out of it. I still only spoke up a few times when the prof got a questions and didn't know because... you know... there is a time and a place.

And... pfft. I said I wasn't going to talk about the stupid people. *Facepalm* Oh oh oh... and remember I told you about "the talker" in Jeremiah's class? The one Jeremiah would be like... "I'm giving you 30 seconds to make your point" and if he wasn't done, J would just cut him off and move along? HE is in this class too. The two of these guys together... nightmare. And they disagree on everything.

K... done now for real.

Moving the lecture along is generally my reason for doing it too. Like... stat? That's not my area of expertise at all... but I just want to have some possibility of lecture getting out a few minutes early. Those "I'll wait" pauses don't help that a bit.

For real. He looks even older than that now... that pic was a few years old. He's entirely gray and even balder. I think he just looks old af for his age. I mean... 45?! He does NOT look 45. *Rolling* I'd guess no younger than 55.

MESSAGE THREAD
Migraine + Exam Week = WTF!? · 02-14-18 9:21pm
by Charlie ~
Re: Migraine + Exam Week = WTF!? · 02-14-18 11:13pm
by Cinn
Re: Re: Migraine + Exam Week = WTF!? · 02-14-18 11:23pm
by Charlie ~
Re: Re: Re: Migraine + Exam Week = WTF!? · 02-15-18 12:04am
by Cinn
Re: Re: Re: Re: Migraine + Exam Week = WTF!? · 02-15-18 11:14am
by Charlie ~
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Migraine + Exam Week = WTF!? · 02-15-18 4:45pm
by Cinn
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Migraine + Exam Week = WTF!? · 02-15-18 11:42pm
by Charlie ~
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Migraine + Exam Week = WTF!? · 02-16-18 12:19am
by Cinn
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Migraine + Exam Week = WTF!? · 02-16-18 7:25pm
by Charlie ~
Re: Migraine + Exam Week = WTF!? · 02-15-18 8:45am
by Dragon is hiding
Re: Re: Migraine + Exam Week = WTF!? · 02-15-18 11:33am
by Charlie ~
Re: Re: Re: Migraine + Exam Week = WTF!? · 02-15-18 10:09pm
by Dragon is hiding
Re: Re: Re: Re: Migraine + Exam Week = WTF!? · 02-15-18 11:45pm
by Charlie ~
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Migraine + Exam Week = WTF!? · 02-16-18 4:09am
by Dragon is hiding

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Charlie ~.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3164192