*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3162506
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 9, 2018 at 11:51am
Re: Paywall alternative to interactive stories
Greets,

Thanks for your suggestions...

We tried advertising for 15+ years, but it just didn't work out and ad blockers became the end of that. I'm not aware of any opportunity to provide app-like bonuses for a website like ours or the generally "adult-oriented" content that most of our interactives provide. For sure, aside from ad blocking, the content on the interactives is a problem for most advertisers. But, as time allows I'll look more into ad-wall options -- or if you've found any options that provide a similar app service to websites. We'd certainly consider it, though, if there's a viable option that provides safe content, not effected by adblockers and allows our type of user generated adult oriented content.

You can mine to earn a full paid membership... but unfortunately have no "mine for an hour, use for an hour" setup... and I don't think is likely to happen.

Best,
~~SM

The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Honor
[Click For More Info]

For the most amazing couple the Internet has ever seen! You two and this site are a dream come true for anyone who enjoys writing, appreciates a community that never stops giving, and for many of us who, sometimes, think that no one would or could appreciate us for who we are. It's been an honor working with you and alongside you on many things and I hope it never stops. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for everything you do! You guys truly rock! *^*Heart*^* ~ Gaby
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support
MESSAGE THREAD
Paywall alternative to interactive stories · 02-08-18 9:38pm
by Barack O'Brahma
*Star* Re: Paywall alternative to interactive stories · 02-09-18 11:51am
by The ScaryMaster

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3162506