Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2704549
by Rhyssa
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Activity · #1998626
What will you come up with?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 8, 2014 at 9:48am
Re: 7 July 2014
         It was only a matter of time before I was going to fall from the pretend grace that I made for myself. I was on gifted at putting on masks, and on pretending. I learned to do a lot of it as I was growing up in a house where pretend was what you were taught from a young age. I always heard people commenting on my parents’ very lovely marriage, and how well we are educated and dressed.
         The reality was that my parents slept in different rooms and only had kids because people expected that from them. Our education was bought by the sweat of my father working three to four jobs and my mother was the one that would look at magazines and copy the clothes the fashion designers’ made. My parents spent their whole lives pretending to be something they weren't. I was expected to live in their world and my siblings told me and showed me the easiest ways to fool all those around me.
         I spent most of my elementary school in dresses and designer jeans that were from France. As well as having organic food and always working out because if you didn't know that in Europe everyone has a slim figure. I spent my junior high studying for college because I already had a seat in the ivy leagues waiting for me. By high school I was the most popular and most sought after female in my school. I had guys repeated ask me on dates and I even had girls come up and tell me how pretty I was. It was all a game you just let the people come in close enough to see the awesome and then back away so they couldn't see the scars.
         My siblings taught me the walk and talk and I just had to follow them. I was the perfect mirror of what people wanted to see. At college I worked full time school had a full social life and still was able to computer program my way through it to pay for all the bills. My siblings by this time were already starting their own families and had many family gatherings. I went to all of them always with a boy with the look that father and mother would approve of don’t mind that they were a bore, or that their sexual anything was sub par. I didn't have to care about those things all I needed was to play a game.
         I finished college and started work as a Lawyer, and that is the starting of my fall. I met, her, a little girl the age of 6. I feel it was time for me to stop pretending. Her parents were in a fire, and she was alone. No relatives wanted her, her scars were disgusting I heard them say in front of the judge and in front of her. She wouldn't look up when talked to; she was broken and she knew it. She was put in an orphanage, and at that moment I knew I wanted to be with her. I wanted her to know that she could be everything. We did the paperwork and the long walking steps. And finally I was able to tell her it would be okay she had someone who maybe not physically scarred as her but knew those scars very well.
         It was only a matter of time before my family saw her, instead of greeting her with hugs like the other children there were stares and later arguments of how I ruined our image. I didn't back down and it was only a matter of time before I was disowned, me and her now were each other’s only family. It was only a matter of time we started to write our on lines and pages to our lives. I started my own firm and she went to a new school we had a bond no one could break.
         It was only matters of time that we found our happiness, and were able to look pass our scars.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Re: 7 July 2014 · 07-08-14 9:48am
by RNBlackwell

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Rhyssa.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2704549