*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2564820
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 6, 2013 at 6:41pm
Re: Designated Group Owners
Just to rehash what we said on "Note: Have a look at [Link to Forum Post #2564459] and l...":

Group owners can basically accomplish this by creating an item in their portfolios that only they can edit which indicates an acceptable transfer setup for their group. In terms of access to the item, something group viewable or even more private would be fine so long as the "heirs" to the group would know where it was and should likely be able to see it themselves (passkey would be fine too).

To be "actionable", I'd be looking for something that basically states a minimum amount of time since the group owning member's last login took place (for example logged in 6 months ago, 9 months ago, 1 year, etc) ... and then any possible "heirs" to the group / group items, in order of preference --> so that if two people want the group, I'm not the one picking, I'm just going by the preset order.

It should state the person allows the transfer of these items and any of their rights to them. We (the site) would not be looking for these things ---> It would be the responsibility of the still active group members to come to me, point me to the item and ask for the transfer to take place because the conditions had been met.

To be clear about the purpose of this heir item: I think in the vast majority of these cases, much of this is not a legal issue, but perhaps one of community stability and karma. I don't want to personally be in the position of making decisions like this for people's portfolios. I think a generally safe "Writing.Com doesn't touch your portfolio" policy is the best default. But I'm happy to work with individuals and groups who setup this type of planning on their own.

Best,
~~SM

The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Generosity
[Click For More Info]

For your generosity with taking the time to answer member's questions, trying to solve everyone's problems, and making this site welcome to all.  Considering the size of this site and the enormity of the task, you do an excellent job.
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support
MESSAGE THREAD
Designated Group Owners · 09-06-13 9:14am
by ~ Santa Sisco ~
Re: Designated Group Owners · 09-06-13 9:34am
by GERVicious Ghoul ☬
Re: Designated Group Owners · 09-06-13 9:35am
by GERVicious Ghoul ☬
Re: Re: Designated Group Owners · 09-06-13 10:02am
by Matt Bird MSci (Hons) AMRSC
Re: Re: Re: Designated Group Owners · 09-06-13 10:39am
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Designated Group Owners · 09-06-13 6:41pm
by The ScaryMaster
Re: Re: Designated Group Owners · 09-08-13 8:06am
by Matt Bird MSci (Hons) AMRSC
Re: Re: Designated Group Owners · 09-08-13 4:56pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2564820