*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2336008
by Riot
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #1761904
Want to introduce yourself? Looking to just chat? Have some coffee with us!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 18, 2011 at 2:08pm
Questionnaire response
Hello everyone! I am new to the Coffee Lounge and thought the best way to introduce myself is to answer the questionnaire. Here I go....

What would I like to be called?
You may call me Tony....short for Anthony. Although a few of my very close friends do call me Anthony!

Male or Female?
I am a male.

My Age?
I am 45...soon to be 46 in another month.

My status?
I am single, no children and no pets. Although I do have nieces and nephews that I am very close to and spend much time with.

How did I find out about writing.com?
It was a simple search on line when I was looking for some writing forums.

I.N.K.E.D.
I found out about INKED through writing.com and am excited to learn more.

My favorite authors?
I enjoy reading Jeff Shaara, David McCullough, Stephen Ambrose, Henry David Thoreau and Emerson...to name a few.

My writing passion?
I enjoy writing about the wonders of life that inspire me to write down my thoughts and feelings. The subject matter can be anything from the natural beauty that surrounds us, inspiring and beautiful people that I come across, to even the simple things in life like bring peace within my heart.

Genres that I am interested in?
Personal essay writing, self help, experiences, travel and tributes.

What I hope to gain?
I hope to gain valuable insight and wisdom from other writers who have the same passion as I do. As I continue to explore my own writing style, I wish to sharpen my skills and articulating my thoughts and feelings to the audience....who ever that may be. I am here to discover my passion for writing.

What I like about this site so far?
The fact that I can feel free to write.

Writing advice I would give.
Write from the heart. Dig deep within yourself to discover those wonders that inspire creativity and write. Never be shy about writing what is in your heart and you thoughts. That is where the truth lies.

Best writing advice that I have ever received.
That would be the same as I would give. Someone once told me to feel free to think and feel. That is where the truth lies in who we are. To believe in oneself and you will feel peace.

My favorite quote.
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds that it is attached to the rest of the world." John Muir

My favorite color?
That would be green. It is representative of growth such as growing grass and leaves on a tree.

24 Hours to live?
I would go to my favorite place that has always inspired me. I would just sit, listen, watch and feel free to be me...and I would write so other can now about this special place.

What would I say to the whole world?
To STOP! Stop what ever you are doing. Stop and listen to mother nature. Watch and admire the beauty that surrounds us. Smell the wonderful flowers. It is too often that the complications of life tend to gain the better of each one of us. We tend to miss the simplicity of what we really have. I can not change the world in just a few words. But maybe I can change one person. That would be an accomplishment for me.

What would I do in life that I can't do right now?
I would love to drive up to Alaska. Alaska is the destination, but the journey is the adventure.

The song that describes me?
Time To Move On by Tom Petty. Whenever I struggle with the stresses of life, I think of that song and it helps me to remember to keep moving. Because what lies ahead, I have no way of knowing...but under my feet the grass keeps growing...it's time to move on.

Spending $10,000?
I would probably split that money between my nieces and nephews. Life is about the children and they are our future.

Well, I believe that is it for now. I hope to gain much knowledge and experience from joining this group and I hope to share what I have learned as well.

Thank you!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Questionnaire response · 12-18-11 2:08pm
by chamberlain66
Re: Questionnaire response · 12-19-11 3:35am
by Riot

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Riot.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2336008