*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2011599
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 16, 2009 at 5:16pm
Advanced Search
by A Non-Existent User
Let me start of by thanking you for all the hard work put into this sight. I certainly appreciate it.

If it isn't aready on your list -

I would love it if the search feature was enchanged though to allow for more complex searching. For example, lets say I am searching in a genre, but don't feel like seeing interactives. Say at the moment I am looking for short stories, books, or other statics where I would wand to chose mor than one category. To my knowledge there isn't such a way at the moment.

Same thing with keyword searching. I've read stories, and then later tried to find them based on keywords I thought might pull them up as I had forgotten the title. However it appears that the author didn't include it in the list (I am assuming either they didn't think of it or they used a synomn.).

In addition to being able to search for multiple keywords, I'd like to offer a suggestion of a way we could standardize the use of keywords a bit better (while still allowing flexibility). When you chose you're genre a list of commonly used keywords could pop up below it for the user to check off. This check off system would apply to both items you create as well as when you search. If the user wishes to use a keyword not in the list, the existing text box could still be displayed (the text box and the check list merge together on the save).

I know it would take more coding than the current system (since the keyword lists would vary by genre, but if fed from a reference table/file I don't think the variation in the list would add too much add'l effort), but I think the addition would make for a much more satisfying experience as it would increase the likelihood that the author and reader use the same term for the keyword.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Advanced Search · 12-16-09 5:16pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2011599