*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960965-Our-home-is-for-us-all
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1209690
This is my first attempt to be a blogger. I hope to type a few items that you will enjoy.
#960965 added June 17, 2019 at 11:21pm
Restrictions: None
Our home is for us all.
In less than 24 hours, my house/home/hideaway will be in the hands as theirs. Overbrook Street will see me no more. The place where my wonderful pets lived and died will not take me to it's blossom. I hope their little spirits came up north with me. I loved them all and still think of how we played and grew as a family. I did not have much trouble with them. They probably had more problems from me. I lost my temper at them. I gave them little smacks on the rear end. I later apologized and cried with them.
Taking them the veterinarian to be euthanized broke my heart. Knowing that their faithful heart would beat no more was unacceptable. Why should they have health problems? I know I tried everything. I took them to the vet when necessary. Why did people abandon them? Why did they get cancer? It made no sense. They deserved to live.
So I had each one cremated so I could bring their ashes with me, wherever I went. I had all but about 2 who did not get cremated and come.
I do love my animals. They were and are still my best friends.
Those who came were Shadow, June, Kluter, and Stubby.
Those who were euthanized before were Princess Beauty, Sophie, and Diamond. Each one had about 2 weeks or more but so many people put pressure on me that I felt forced. The pain for each one remains.
Here at Tamarack, the animals are doing very well. Stan had planned and successfully brought each one here to our new home. The first few days made me angry at the limitation of their living area but when things or life became more comfortable, they were allowed in our bedroom.
Stan has been so good with my animals as well as the two that are his. He has a dog named Balto and a cat named Munchie. I know Stan loves animals deeply.
On the way up here we saw many animals that were hit. Armadillos were the most that I saw. We also saw someone hit a beautiful turtle. A couple of raccoons missed making it across the street by a couple of inches. I feel sorry for them all.
The animals that we see the most of are the ducks and geese that swim and live around our pond and home. The geese have 2 babies. Someone told me that before the lovely couple had 5 babies. I have seen the babies go from no real feathers to ready to fly feathers. Dad Geese stands ready to defend his family and run off any intruder. He hisses and gives anyone a look of "Don't even think of touching my children." I respect that.
The last critter that we saw was a green snake. Stan says that they are normal here. It tried to act like a patch of green grass but Stan knew it right off.
Well it is time to leave. Shadow looks like she wants to go to sleep.
As I said it is a special day since I will have let my realtor neighbor buy my home for a very fair price. They are nice and fair so I am happy if they can make money from this transaction. Stan's house will be officially sold on Friday. Oklahoma will be our only home. I wish the best for us all.

© Copyright 2019 Dorianne (UN: jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dorianne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960965-Our-home-is-for-us-all