*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873379
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2074957
A young, psychotic republican goes to a treatment program, and meets psychotic democrats.
#873379 added February 12, 2016 at 2:59am
Restrictions: None
The Dinner
On February 27th, 2011, Chelsea and Adam went out to dinner at Bangkok Cuisine, a Thai restaurant in Maroni Square. During the dinner, despite how they had gotten along, the two of them realized they had nothing to talk about when they realized how much different their interests were: Chelsea was into ballet, soccer, and soap operas; Adam was into skateboarding, snowboarding, baseball, and explicit films.
Upon the end of the evening, there was a child who wanted to go to Five Guys instead of Bangkok Palace. When the mother told the child to be quiet, the 10-year-old yelled at her, in which she dragged him out of the restaurant. While everyone in the restaurant was horrified, Adam expressed the widest smile he had ever procured. Upon seeing Adam’s countenance, Chelsea left the restaurant while conveying a look of animosity. Adam left the restaurant to see what the problem was.
“Chelsea, what’s the matter? That was hilarious beyond belief.”
“FUNNY! When I was 10 years old, A teacher kept nagging me in class over having not completed enough work within 45 minutes, and, under pressure, I snapped at her. When I got home, and my turned to me and exclaimed, “You raised your voice to a teacher? YOU RAISED YOUR DAMN VOICE TO A TEACHER?” SMACK! And when I begged for mercy, she grabbed me by the throat and stated, “Mercy is not for little girls who raise their voices to their teachers.” PUNCH!”
“Hey I also endured enormous stress when I was a kid, and I am still able to laugh.”
“It is different. I am from a well-off family, but my parents chose to be strict; your parents are poor, so they had to put pressure on you.”
“EXCUSE ME! My parents never put pressure on me. I chose to work very hard, due to the sacrifices they had to make, which do not make them poor.”
You told me your parents didn’t have a car.”
“That was one of the sacrifices that they made to send my brother and I to private school. Unlike you, my parents actually loved me enough to make sacrifices.”
That night, upon returning to the house, I noticed Adam was disgruntled. I asked Adam what the problem was, and Adam told him that Chelsea flipped on him for getting amusement over a child yelling at his mother, and he explained the rest of the story to me. I turned to him and stated, “That sounds exactly like what Winfield Reese would’ve done when he was a kid.” When Winfield Reese walked into the house, I turned to him and asked, “Winfield, tonight, Adam and Chelsea were out, and they noticed a child yelling at him mom. What would happen if you had done that to your mom?” Winfield exclaimed, “I would be going away for a while;” and then I asked Winfield, “What would happen if you added a slap to her face?” Winfield stated, “My tombstone would say, ‘One stupid f***er.’” Adam began laughing, and the two of us went to do something fun that I don’t even remember.
© Copyright 2016 Cory Snyder (UN: coolboy007 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cory Snyder has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873379