*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814083-Descriptions-communication-of-what-is-by-what-isnt-Huh
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#814083 added April 17, 2014 at 2:47am
Restrictions: None
Descriptions, communication of what is, by what isn't? Huh?
When we see things that other's don't, and put this vision into words successfully, we can create entire worlds from nothing.

We can be detectives of the wind, manipulators of the vapour, individuals of the residual.

I saw a waitress do this, and she wasn't even aware of the magic she wielded in her gaze that was welded to the table laden with platefuls of nothing.



The nothingness told her everything. The empty plates that we had created by moving the food to a different place, were like flashing beacons to her.

She could read the items we had eaten, and drunk, from the invisible contents, and yes, I acknowledge that she did have some tacky clues that in my mind were already ewwwws!

So, I realised with a flash of amazingness just what she'd achieved.

We had written her a story, and she had read each page, each chapter, finishing up with the last few bits and morsels, the empty drink containers displaying our greed, our boorishness, our fat champing slobbering gnashing grinding. Ok. Stop. No need to describe every sordid detail of sorbet and salsa.

Swallowing our pride we paid, quite reasonably considering her look of disgust at our dietary dilemma.

Yes, who doesn't exaggerate in their blogs? *Smile*

I think our daughter was more disgusted when she accidentally dipped her earphone plug in her dainty bowl of sweet chilli sauce.
It was a source of mirth that faded to a flappy mouthed expression of glibness. Yes, she'd be out of pocket.
Another unspoken, invisible story of drudgery. An audio de-enriched gal trudging to yonder $2 shop to fetch a failed order in her headset band discotheque. (Even I don't know what that sentence means so interpret it however you feel inclined)



Some signs you see in streets or field bring you wheeling your bicycle around to return and survey again the oddity that caught your eye.

In a ride on mowing manual I read today it had a whole section set aside for children. Yes, do not mow children. It is not a good idea. People will be annoyed. The children may not be happy either. Your mower shouldn't be used for this activity. Not even on steep hills. Especially not going across the slope.
And never mow with children riding on the mower, or hanging off it (or perhaps, they imply, hanging precariously underneath).

I sometimes wonder about us humans. Even the most dopey animal would GET IT without having to have this sort of thing put in print.
Sigh.

Then there was the bus window I saw yesterday. Yes, I did go back and took this photo.



Yes, people. Stop queuing up trying to climb in this small window. Think you can get in first before everyone else eh? Sneaky queue jumpers! WAIT YA TURN MATE! Use the door like everyone else ok? What's the world coming to?

Next thing we'll have a sign saying something like;

YOU ARE ALLOWED TO WRITE SOMETHING ORIGINAL. THIS IS PERMISSIBLE. ALMOST PERHAPS MAYBE NEARLY GETTING THERE NOT QUITE.

Now my ear feels a bit chilli when listening to music with Annie's earphones. Strange.

Sparky

Quills sig

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814083-Descriptions-communication-of-what-is-by-what-isnt-Huh