*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747623-Money-money-moneynot-what-you-think
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#747623 added February 22, 2012 at 6:42pm
Restrictions: None
Money, money, money....not what you think.
Jim and I were sitting on the backporch this afternoon, and I was amazed at the number and kinds of birds flying around, even robins. Everytime I see a robin, I can't help myself, that tune just starts going through my head..cheer up, cheer up, you sleepy head...oh I can't get rid of it.

In addition to robins, we saw redwinged blackbirds, bluebirds, mockingbirds, wrens, catbirds, phoebes, cedar waxwings, dove, purple and yellow finch...oh, my...there are just too many to name. A front moved in with some rain and I guess that explains the fury. I feel pretty positive our cold cold weather is behind us now that I've seen some robins, big, fat robins.

I haven't been able to do much walking since Jim came home from the hospital. I used to walk a couple of miles everyday and I really miss it, but I am afraid to go that far and leave him alone. I even got some walkie talkies that I thought I could carry with me, but he doesn't have enough strength in either thumb to push the button to talk...so now I have two useless walkie talkies.

Anyway, I decided to charge up the old ipod and listen to some tunes which is what I do when I am walking. Then I thought about someone's (Mia's) blog I just read about r-ancing and wondered if I couldn't just do that on my backporch. That worked out very well. Do you know I can do a lot of things to music that I find impossible to do to silence? Who knew I could jog and jump and all kinds of things? My tune today was my favorite, Abba's Money, Money, Money must be funny in the rich man's world...oh, I love that song. Not especially the words, but the music just makes me keep moving. It's a good thing it only lasted a few minutes because when it was finished, I thought I was going to have a heart attack...just kidding...but boy am I out of shape! It made me feel GOOD! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCkOmcIl79s Turn it up LOUD. bet you can't sit still!

until next time...c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747623-Money-money-moneynot-what-you-think