*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701322-Starting-over
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1680570
The trials/tribulations of creating "Insight". The story where dreams come true.
#701322 added July 12, 2010 at 6:48am
Restrictions: None
Starting over
I guess the business side of me is taking over.  I have not been involved in the publishing world for very long, but I still understand that time is money and I feel like the clock is ticking.  If it takes longer than six months to write a book, then I don't think I'll get many opportunities to have something published.  The pressure is on to write a story and do it well the first time around.  Going through the process of editing sucks.  I'm sure it's a necessary evil, but I'm trying to learn as many things now so I don't repeat the same mistakes the next go round.  I don't want to be "lazy" with my writing, but it's really hard to think about making a lot of changes to a story when I've already invested so much into it.  The thought of redoing the whole thing in third person terrifies me that it won't come out right and then it's more time down the drain.  But...then again...it could be the best move and make all the difference in the world.  I guess I'll call this my "starting over" point.  I'll use the information I've been fortunate to receive and make necessary adjustments.  Maybe I'm looking at this too large scale...if I break it down into chapters and just start with the first one...it won't be so bad.  Here it goes....I've already wasted twenty minutes this morning thinking about.  I think I'm just putting off the inevitable!

© Copyright 2010 Christina Hughes (UN: dreamdrifter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Christina Hughes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701322-Starting-over