*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612920-Revealing-dark-intent
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Horror/Scary · #1484924
A mans logging of his time confined within the walls of a long forgotten Insane Asylum.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#612920 added October 14, 2008 at 10:18pm
Restrictions: None
Revealing dark intent
Well even though the looming figure that had crossed my path frightened me a bit, he hadn't exactly shown any hostile behavior. I got out of the chair and stepped towards him. I don't know why but fear wouldn't allow me to speak, only approach the stranger. He began exiting the room and sank into the black hall, with me slowly pursuing. I reached the doorway and got a little hesitant. The safe feeling I had in that chair was leaving me, but why? Why was there a feeling of safety in the first place? Regardless of my doubts I took the single step into the hall.

A chained fist flew to within centimeters of my nose. It threw off my balance in a way that dropped me into the hallway. Another angered punch soared towards me, causing me to roll and dodge. The guy had gone nuts and began attacking me. He didn't turn into some mutant abomination like the others had, but I feared him just the same. He carried a trait that was similar to the others, it was the killing intent that laced his luminescent red eyes. I was gripped by terror enough to temporarily immobilize me, a mistake not to be made twice. A heavy callused fist connected with my face and flung me back into the floor. A thick warm liquid flowed freely from my nose followed by incredible pain. I was clutching my face, unbeknown to myself really. As I sat and recoiled from the blow, an ice cold pair of hands clasped my neck and lifted me into the air. I'll never forget the freezing lifelessness that those hands exuded. My vision started to get blurry and my fingers were going a bit numb. He was squeezing the life out of me, no amount of anger leaving him. He was drooling a bit as his crimson eyes bored into my skull. Through the fog of my disappearing sight and the thick blanket of darkness surrounding us, I managed to look back. The malice was inhuman as well as the notable absence of pupils as with the other beings I encountered in this damned building.

I don't think it even saw the gun rising to it's temple. A lasting echo resounded through the corridor as I pumped three bullets into the bastards skull. Thick pools of blood splashed on the wall opposite. The glow in his eyes faded as his grip on my throat was relinquished. I fell to the ground along with him but quickly kicked the stilled body away from myself. I stood up and massaged my neck, which still hurts. I gathered my bearings and looked around the dark hall. At the other end, unmistakably stood a second form incredibly similar to the one I has just killed. Without warning it charged in my direction making angry grunting sounds loudly. I saw the chains on his wrists unravel and begin to spin around threatening to lash me from a distance. I turned and ran, slipping a bit in a viscous pool of his comrade's blood. I dove into the waiting room and whipped around gun pointing in his direction. I can only guess why, but the muscular figure rushing towards me stopped in his tracks. He just stared at me from afar, like he was longing to reach me but knew he could not. He turned and walked back to the point from which he had just revealed himself. Maybe these things have some sort of respect for the....waiting rooms? I don't know why they would but that's the only logical explanation at the moment.

God I was relieved when I saw him turn away from me. I'm gonna have to stay in this room for a bit longer until I come up with some brilliant idea as to escaping here unscathed. Oh, and as for the one that charged me, I put a bullet square in the back of his head before he got out of my sight.

© Copyright 2008 Hells_Pastry (UN: hells_pastry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hells_Pastry has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612920-Revealing-dark-intent