*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/601098
by Dryad
Rated: GC · Book · Drama · #914536
A place where I come to speak my mind. Watch yourself...you may get lost in here
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#601098 added August 9, 2008 at 8:31pm
Restrictions: None
stinkfist
"Constant Overstimulation...but I would not want you any other way...Nothing seems to satisfy...I don't want it I just need it to breathe to feel to know I'm alive...Fingers deep within the borderline...Show me that you love me and that we belong together..."

"You see, I think drugs have done some good things for us. I really do. And if you don't think drugs have done some good things for us, then go home tonight and take all your tapes all your Cds and all your albums and burn them. Cause you know what? All those musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives over the years? REAL fuckin high on drugs..." I went to a TOOL show a couple of years ago, and there was this energy, this sexual pervasiveness that permeated the crowd, the desire strewn throughout a group of people who would never see each other again. It was exciting and safe at the same time, we were clothed but we weren't and we could see and feel each other with a clarity that was lent only through the words and music of the band. "Dreamin of that face again...with black and blue and shimmering...grinning wide and comforting me with it's...wild eyes..." Orpheus Morphine, I believe they were called, performed suspended on wires hundreds of feet above the stage, upside down, naked, painted silver, interacting, transcended from above. "I'll keep digging till I feel something..." Stinkfisting could have many meanings, could be about any number of sick sexual desires we harbor in our subconscious. But it's not. It's all about love. The red and the black, they twine together in hate and love and you can't have one without the other. But for our own stinkfists in our lives, we would be barbaric, hunter societies that pillage and destroy. The words of TOOL are apocalyptic, existential, and the music feeds the soul. There is an emptiness inside that has been filled by only a few women...and even then not completely. It was the man, the one that no one understood, that I sing to, cry to, think of, live for, love with...and only he has heard the things that my soul screams to him and him alone. That fulfillment, that closure of emptiness, that is the resonance that is TOOL. "I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall as well, I will find the centre in you, I will show it openly...why can we not be sober...I want what I want..." We all want what we want, do we not? "While you were begging me to stay...if I do it we both may disappear...what is this but my reflection? Who am I to judge or strike you down...rest your trigger on my finger...bang my head off of the fault line...slipping back into the track again...although not when you're touching me, not when you're shoving me down...thought I'd trade it all for just a little...keep my feet flat on the ground..." How we would love to keep them that way, not to be the one who settles for anything because it is better than nothing. "thought I'd trade it all for just a little piece of mind...you're putting me somewhere i don't wanna be...showing me things i don't wanna see...now you're begging me to stay...if when i say i might fade like a fireball...you cannot match my movement any way...i must pursuade you another way...there's no love in that...staring down the hole again, hands on my back again, survival is my only friend, terrified of what may come, remember i will always love you as i blow you're fucking throat away, there ain't no other way..." We have turned into a nation who accepts rather than changes, turn our heads when pain is visible and cannot be walked away from. Maybe if we pretend we didn't see it it wasn't really there. The chromosomes of a human are in matched pairs of twenty three and the remaining two are the sex designators. If the human race were to evolve more fully , what then? We lose the perfect 46 and 2. "I been crawling on my belly, clearing out what should have been, I been wallowing in my own confused insecure delusion...I wanna feel the chains consume me...I wanna know what I been counting...My shadow...change is coming...46 and 2 ahead of me..." The end is coming, at the hands of the humans. We care not for the things that we destroy, wanton wars and hunger. Murder and destruction. Every day there are more reasons for me to lose faith in the survivability of the human race and I am often glad. "Some say the end is near, some say we'll see armageddon soon. Certainly hope we will. I sure could use a vacation from this bullshit three ring circus side show of freaks here in this hopeless fuckin hole we call LA. The only way to fix it is to flush it all away. Any fuckin time, any fuckin day. Learn to swim, see you down in Arizona Bay. Fret for your figure and fret for your latte and fret for your lawsuit and fret for your hairpiece and fret for your prozac and fret for your pilot and fret for your contract and fret for your courage. Bullshit three ring circus side show of freaks here in this hopeless fuckin hole we call LA. The only way to fix it is to flush it all away. Any fuckin time, any fuckin day. Learn to swim see you down in Arizona Bay. Some say a comet will fall from the sky, followed by meteor showers and tidal waves, followed by fault lines that cannot sit still, followed by millions of dumb founded dipshits. And some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. Certainly hope we will. I sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit. One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied: learn to swim. Mom's gonna fix it all soon. Mom's coming round to put it back the way it oughta be. Learn to swim. Fuck all these clones, fuck all these gun toting hip gangster wannabes. Fuck your tattoos, fuck all you junkies, and fuck your short memories. Fuck all these hidden agendas, fuck all these things you just didn't have to say. Cause I'm praying for rain, I'm praying for tidal waves. I wanna see the ground give way. I wanna watch it all go down. Mom please flush it all away. I wanna see it go riding down. I wanna watch it go riding, watch you flush it all away...try and read between the lines...I wanna see it come down, suck it down, flush it down..." So amazingly apt and true, it speaks to me and my soul remembers the times from before time.

© Copyright 2008 Dryad (UN: dryad13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dryad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/601098