*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/541923-A-Shift-In-Iraq
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1333086
My life and politics... my brain on screen.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#541923 added October 15, 2007 at 7:26pm
Restrictions: None
A Shift In Iraq?
There are reports coming from Generals in Iraq that we have dealt a severe blow to al-Qaeda In Iraq, causing many Republicans to claim that the surge is working.

Well, that’s good and all, but when the Hell did the Iraq War and its “surge” become a mission to take out al-Qaeda?  I was under the impression that this war was about rebuilding Iraq and ending its Civil War.  It’s almost like the goal posts have been shifted… again….

It’s apparent to me and everyone in this country that Republicans cannot win next year, if we are still in Iraq.  This leaves them with two choices.  They can either accept defeat next year, or devise a way to get us out of Iraq.  Seeing as their careers as Republicans depends on their winning, I am left with the impression that they plan on getting us out of Iraq.

If Republicans shift this war from a rebuilding mission, to a “war on terror” mission, they can claim victory and save face, whereas, our involvement with a civil war will never lead to victory. 

I’m starting to think that we have arrived at the beginning of this strategy, which is good in a way, if it gets us the fuck out of the war.

© Copyright 2007 Simply Liberal (UN: simplyliberal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Simply Liberal has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/541923-A-Shift-In-Iraq