*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523532-75quietand-i-can-think
by fyn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1216945
For meandering thoughts, and mindful walks...
#523532 added July 24, 2007 at 8:52pm
Restrictions: None
75...quiet...and i can think....
Sometimes, being the boss is hard. I love my job, but I'm not so thrilled with the 'occasionally you have to play hardball' part of it. The majority of my employees are an excellent team. At one point i thought they all were, but now one of them seems to be not pulling her weight. Everyone else gives 110%, but she doesn't. I've talked to her, but there's always the excuse. So I'm holding a meeting on friday and (at my request) my disctrict manager will also be there.

The stuff that is not getting done, the jobs being done half-assed, the attitude is beginning to affect the rest of the team and I need to nip this in the bud. Nothing thus far that is 'fire-able' thus the meeting which I'm hoping will get the point across for once and for all. Point is, we (with the one exception) are an awesome team. Our store can be one of the best in the district...but it will take all of us pulling our weight. The sense of pride and joy in the store is there for the rest of the crew...but the rumblings are getting louder and I need to find the words to convey this to the group as a whole in such a manner that a) they have the opportunity to speak out and b) not alienate her because I don't want to fire her, just get her on board and with the rest of the team.

Any and all ideas would be appreciated. I need to handle this right. This then, is the hard part.

© Copyright 2007 fyn (UN: fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523532-75quietand-i-can-think