*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517049-Iron-Ghost-Chapter-Five
Rated: GC · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1181513
Dr. Josef Mengele seeks to succeed where Hitler failed and become "The Devil Himself "
#517049 added June 24, 2007 at 10:50am
Restrictions: None
Iron Ghost Chapter Five
Chapter 5.
Oval Office August 15th P.M.
Colin Powell enters the oval office to find President Herbert gazing over the Potomac beside a portrait of President Lincoln and with hands held behind his back. Notwithstanding the color of skin the men bare a  resemblance in stature and features. 

“Mr. President?”
“Yes, Colin.  Thanks for coming on such short notice.”
”I should be thanking you sir.”
The President turns and then stills himself thoroughly as he squares his eyes into what may well be the first Black President in American history.
“Hardly.  You are a Republican.”
“And you have a full plate these days.”
They each nod, the President smiles as he moves toward a tray holding a decanter of scotch next to two crystal glasses.
“When The Constuition is not defacto…the two party system that is… America is not the land of the free…we are not brave.”  He looks away and then back to meet Colin’s eyes.  “Imagine what the left wing will have to do for the Black Man once you run.  They want to keep ninety per-cent of the Black vote.”
The invisible presence of the confluence of the world’s problems and Presidential ambitions which perpetually reside in the oval office like a wave perpetually resides in the surf, seemingly recedes by a gravitational-like pulling force and is replaced by a moments stagnant silence as the two men stand motionlessly looking directly into each others eyes..
“You sir, are a brave man.”
Colin Powell blinks once and clicks his heels slightly together and bows a bit from the waist.
He continues. “Senator Dutch…George, his uncle in the Klan has quite a file…they’ll make some hay with that…his father was a Nazi…we’re not talking about Arnold here. They will try to paint us black.  No pun intended.”
“Yes…I’ve considered all that.  Dutch is preparing himself for a run.”
He looks again over the Potomac.
The President continues. “My father toasted from this decanter after the liberation of Kuwait.”
His eyes warm as he smiles a bit broader and, as seen through the window at the President’s back, the setting sun sharpens its orange glow amidst an ever-darkening blue evening sky.
“I would like you to review my speech.  I plan on delivering it after the summit.”
Colin Powell begins to read the paper handed to him.
…as our young and brave defend freedom in Iraq and Afganistan we must look into ourselves and evaluate freedom for all here at home.  As we ask those who are able to join us as we lead a fight against despair in Africa we must also evaluate for ourselves,  hope, for all,  here at home…
The Black Man is guaranteed a two party system by The Constitution…it is my honor to announce the candidacy for President of Colin Powell… 


© Copyright 2007 iron ghost (UN: ironghost at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iron ghost has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517049-Iron-Ghost-Chapter-Five