*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443728-The-Evils-of-Sugar
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#443728 added July 27, 2006 at 10:32pm
Restrictions: None
The Evils of Sugar
*groans softly and rubs my head* You know, I've never had a hangover from alcohol. Never see the point of drinking so much of it. But right now I'm hung over, on sugar. At least I think that's what's going on. Either that or I'm about to find myself incredible sick with something else.

My head aches, my eyes burn, my muscles are all sore, and I'm sooo tired I just want to crawl back to bed and stay there for a week. Of course I can't, because life goes on, I've got two kids to take care of so I'm awake, kinda, and cursing this agony.

I'm pretty sure sugar is the culprit. It's been months since I've lived on sugary packed food. Since I went on weight watchers in September last year I've avoided it for the most part only to treat myself occassionally. But this week I was seriously craving sugar, and not the sort of craving that's dealt with by a hot chocolate, adding sugar to cereal or having a couple of squares of chocolate.

No, this craving was more like bags of chocolate, licorice, fantales, and caramel, blocks of chocolate, cake, and softdrink. And it's been lasting me days. Even feeling horrible I'm still wanting more.

I don't understand the desire for junk. I know how bad it is for me. I know I need to get my weight back into control since it's been slipping these last few weeks. I know that every chocolate I eat and allow myself is another week away from my goal weight.

It's making me sick. So much sugar. I don't know why my body is craving it either. It's not TTOM for another two weeks and I'm definately not pregnant. Something is going on and I don't know what.

It'll be a mystery. Meanwhile I'm almost out of sugary food and I'm promising myself I won't buy more. So, now I deal with today's sugar hangover, finish the last half of a block of caremel chocolate and then suffer days of withdrawl coming off the sugar.

Sugar truly is a drug. White powder. More deadful then some of the other things because it's so sweet and attractive and it seems so harmless. But you know, I think sugar is a huge killer in this world. Perhaps chocolate should come with a health warning. Still, I don't think it would prevent my addiction. In future I should probably keep a tightly hold on my willpower.

Here is to making the right choices in the future. And here's to surviving this sugar binge without too many consequences.

© Copyright 2006 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443728-The-Evils-of-Sugar