*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359491-Harrys-Market-and-uncold-feet
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #986464
reacting to what breezes or gusts by me
#359491 added July 12, 2005 at 10:36pm
Restrictions: None
Harry's Market and uncold feet
Well, it took longer at the school than anticipated, as usually happens with this sort of thing. I didn't get any reading done today. That's partly because I wanted to visit Harry's Market...it's very close to the school and has everything you can't find anywhere else.

The tour of the school went well, and my son starts classes on Monday. I'm excited he's finally going to get some kind of professional certification. He'll be a nationally licensed and certified massage therapist by the time all's said and done. He's talked about wanting to do that since his high school days, so he's excited to finally take some steps forward in that direction. I was glad to hear that, as a profession, it doesn't depend so much on people's yen for luxury anymore, it's now considered a viable and legitimate part of medical treatment in many cases, and as such, is covered by health insurance at times. It's not necessarily a business where you're out of luck when people start cutting back expenses.

By the time he finished filling out some paperwork to officially enroll, it was after 4:00p.m. I still had to go to Harry's; I've heard so much about it and didn't know when I'd be in the neighborhood again. So I brought home some French wine and Belgian beer, some incredibly delicious chocolates, but the best part was the cheese! I've never seen such a variety of cheeses at any of the supermarkets in town. Between the cheese and the pinot noir, followed by a couple of truffles, it's been a fantastic evening!

Ah, the uncold feet? We've turned off the central air-conditioning because we got one of those electric bills that make you swallow really hard and decide to try open windows and electric fans for a while. The good thing about that...the a/c vent directly under my desk always blew chilled air directly on my feet.

My feet have thawed now, and the rest of me is melting.

Tomorrow-stay at home-nothing hectic-slow and easy.

J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


© Copyright 2005 HawaiianPeach (UN: hawiianpeach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HawaiianPeach has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359491-Harrys-Market-and-uncold-feet