*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/293643-Bone-Weary
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #836733
Given a chance to ask (insert deity of choice) one question it would be...
#293643 added June 7, 2004 at 1:12pm
Restrictions: None
Bone Weary
I'm pooped. Thursday night went out with CPI, Sarah and the guest instructor. Had three drinks (double VTs) and then went home. Fun, but considering I didn't manage to get to bed until about 1am...

Friday after regular work at the paper, I helped Jeanine with Outdoor Cinema. Six to Midnight, running the concession stand. Asleep around 1:30am. Up again to work at tea shop from 9-5:30. Crash about 10:30pm. Up again at 9am to work tea shop from 11-5:30. Then went to see the 9:30p showing of HarryPotter3 and didn't get to sleep until 1:30am again.

Oi. My feet are fucking killing me.

Not to mention I had to wear zero-cush flip-flops all weekend because during karate on Friday night I bashed the hell out of the top of my foot. I missed the padded part of the wavemaster and landed full-force on the hard core, black plastic portion of the support base. I think the adreleline was pumping though, because it didn't hurt until later. My whole foot swelled up like an eggplant and I couldn't wear lace-up shoes. It's still a little tender this morning, but at least I can wear actual shoes. And then I was on my feet all weekend.

I have this weird, enormous bruise midway on the inside of my right thigh that I can't remember getting. I hate that. Of course, with the way my week went someone could've beaten the hell of out me while I was sleeping and I wouldn't even have woken up.

It's really no wonder I feel down and out this morning. I've run the gamut of feeling-bad-about- myself-negative-self-talk... you're never going to lose weight, you're never going to write a book, your hair looks like shit, you're never going to have any money... the whole bit. NegativeNellyx100.

I feel marginally better now that I've had some coffee though.

Could be worse though, right? I could be dead or something - instead of just dead on my feet.

© Copyright 2004 WestWind (UN: wwestwind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WestWind has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/293643-Bone-Weary