*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/222200-By-JoveI-think-Ive-got-it
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #464720
You supply the reading. I'll supply the writing.
#222200 added January 21, 2003 at 10:04am
Restrictions: None
By Jove...I think I've got it
All those hours and hours spent devoted to mastering pic scanning and now I feel confident enough in tempting fate by saying...

"Ahah!!!! So that's how it's done!"

I'm still not very clear on why every so often some pic's are rejected. *Confused* Maybe I'm not making the proper grimacing faces as I click the final save button. Maybe it has something to do with cosmic destiny or past life karma. Or maybe it's just the cyber gremlins reminding me who's really in charge here. Whatever the reasons...I'm happy that more times than not...I can now post pic's from prints. Slides will be another matter entirely.

I have to use 3 different programs now to post print pic's...with 30 odd steps for each pic...not counting all the hoops Writing wants me to jump through. It's soooooooooooo frustrating when I go through all of that and then have nothing to show for it in the end.

I actually surprised myself. I found a shortcut that eliminates an entire program and lots of steps that works on SOME pic's. That's the gamble. Do I try and go for the quick post with a 50/50 chance...or go for the long old reliable route with a 90/10 chance? *Confused*

I'm only now starting to appreciate having this computer fixed. It's GREAT having a back and history button again. They make life so much easier. I'm thrilled about typing in the first letter of my handle or an often used site address and being able to click on instead of typing in the entire name. :) Little things like that.

Soon I hope to be posting art pic's. Figuring out the slide program may take awhile. I may have gotten them transfered to CD a little prematurely. The moron in the photo place did a TERRIBLE job with almost all of them...but he did a very good job with a few. That tells me that slides can be transfered to CDs...but never with him again. He's redoing one again...for the 3rd time. He keeps copying it back to front. I'd think the "This side towards screen" should have given him a clue to copy it the same as the others were.

After I post my prints and slides I plan to take some 35mm shots of stuff around the house here...stuff I haven't shot before or that is already on those undeveloped rolls of film. Stuff like Cricket, Gibblet, more recent pieces...especially sculptures...and more recent pic's of me too. Who knows...maybe even some "For your eyes only" things that you'd need a passkey to see. *Wink*

I hope this is the last entry I ever write about scanning...(although it's now becoming kinda fun with some of the options...as long as they work). I want to write about stupid stuff again.



Raindrops...


Cat wiskers...


Love...


Stinky gym lockers...


Lobsters...


Tatoos...


Awards...


Hugs that last forever...


Winter birthdays...


Summer dreamin'...


Tobogganing...


Bonfires and fireworks...


*Heart**Heart**Heart**Heart*...





© Copyright 2003 Thumbsucker (UN: thumbsucker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Thumbsucker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/222200-By-JoveI-think-Ive-got-it