*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078167-Oct-12---CONTEST-ROUND-Antagonist-Background-Story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Mystery · #2327837
Fictional story
#1078167 added October 12, 2024 at 12:23pm
Restrictions: None
Oct. 12: - CONTEST ROUND: Antagonist Background Story
Oct. 12: - Character: CONTEST ROUND: Antagonist Background Story ▼
Write a story about your antagonist that takes place outside of your novel. The object of the contest is to make your judges understand and empathize with the antagonist's motivations.

If your antagonist is a situation rather than a person, write a background story about that. The Tom Hanks movie "Cast Away" famously features only one character (unless you count Wilson), and his antagonist is loneliness. Could you personify loneliness? Why does loneliness exist? What motivates it? How would a lack of loneliness affect survival of the human race? How did it drive main character Nolan to survive for years alone on a deserted island? Loneliness has a job to do. Make us believe it's a valid one.

*Contest Round entries may be any rating. Submit your ITEM or ENTRY number by 1200 noon WDC time on Sunday to compete. WDC time is New York City time and can be found at the top of the IM Console. If you miss this deadline or choose not to compete, you must still log the assignment complete (without linking your work) for the grand prize, per the standard Prep guidelines.

----------------------------------------------------

Richard stood over Jon laughing at him as he was writhing in pain. "Next time you will think twice before you mess with me. I am always going to be stronger, faster, and better than you at everything."

"One day, I will get my revenge, and I will be better than you. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but someday. You had better watch your back. I will get you when you least expect it!" Jon said between clenched teeth.

Richard gave him another kick in the rib and said, "Don't even bother trying. One day I will be king, and you will still be the pathetic loser you are right now. Just do yourself a favor and stay out of my way!" He and his friends walked away talking about how pathetic Jon was.

Jon raised up to a sitting position holding his side filling himself full of resentment and bitterness towards Richard. For the last four years, Richard had been beating him at everything and then gloating in his face about it. Richard not only had to win, but he had to humiliate him every time. He left him with no dignity. Jon hated Richard for it.

Jon swore to himself that if he could make Richard's life a living Hell, he would do everything in his power to do so because that is exactly what Richard had done to him.




a signature image created for Marvelous Friend









a signature image created for Marvelous Friend



a signature image created for Marvelous Friend
© Copyright 2024 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078167-Oct-12---CONTEST-ROUND-Antagonist-Background-Story