*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078024-Setting-Definitions-List
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #2327789
my october prep
#1078024 added October 9, 2024 at 10:28pm
Restrictions: None
Setting: Definitions List
(1) Create a list of definitions (see below) in a format easy to edit and expand.

Natron
A drying salt that was used to absorb water from the body. It was applied to the body and placed inside the body in packets.
Linen
Hundreds of yards of linen were used to wrap the body. The priests would wrap each finger and toe separately, and sometimes place amulets between the layers.
Resin
A resinous coating was applied to the skin and first few layers of linen bandages.
Amulets
Charms that were placed among the wrappings to protect the deceased and renew their strength. Some examples include the model headrest, the snake's head, and the papyrus scepter.
Fragrant substances
The body was anointed with gum-resins, oils, and fats, such as frankincense, myrrh, cedar oil, and ox fat.
Onions
Onion skins were sometimes placed over the eyes of the dead, and onions were also placed in the pelvis, thorax, and ears.
Other materials
The body cavities were filled with linen, natron pouches, herbs, sawdust, sand, or chopped straw.
The mummification process could take up to 70 days.


(2) Optional: Brainstorm and describe an object critical to the plot. Add to definitions list.

Blade of rites- used to seal the bodies and bless the soul


In your definitions list, you'll flesh out details that you'll want to remember later for consistency. You won't have to dig through pages of scribbled notes to find whatever you decided about these definitions - they will all be compiled into a neat list / binder / database / note cards / whatever your favorite form of organization happens to be.
© Copyright 2024 PennyWriter (UN: azrael2915 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PennyWriter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078024-Setting-Definitions-List