*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077907-Another-Hurricane-Coming
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1077907 added October 7, 2024 at 3:45pm
Restrictions: None
Another Hurricane Coming
I sit here contemplating Hurricane Milton, barreling toward us with winds at 150 mph. It was only a week and a half ago that we dealt with Hurricane Helene. The debris she left remains on the curb waiting for pickup. Today at around 72 hours before Milton's target time, rain is drizzling and the sky is overcast. Thankfully, the temperature is in the 70s and will remain there most of the week so when the power goes off, ac will not be that much of a problem.

I have several pines in my backyard, all the required 20 feet from the house but they are 100 feet tall so that is not very comforting. I could have them all cut down and probably should, but I think of all the wildlife who depend on them. I rant and rave when forests are razed for unneeded apartment buildings and hate to be a hypocrite. And so I worry about the wind and the pines instead. Birds (and squirrels) are ravenously eating from my feeders. They know.

© Copyright 2024 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077907-Another-Hurricane-Coming