*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077817-Oct-5---CONTEST-ROUND-Protagonist-Background-Story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Mystery · #2327837
Fictional story
#1077817 added October 5, 2024 at 10:00pm
Restrictions: None
Oct. 5 - CONTEST ROUND: Protagonist Background Story
Oct. 5 - CONTEST ROUND: Protagonist Background Story: ▼


Write a story about your protagonist that takes place outside of your novel. Make your readers relate to him or her in such a way that we would be devastated if he or she were to experience conflict (which, ultimately, sometime in November, he/she will.) The object of the contest is to make your judges root for your protagonist! Simply put: the character we like best wins. If your protagonist is a drug dealer or someone similarly ""unlikeable"" (a.k.a, an ""anti-hero""), never fear! I love Vlad Taltos, the professional assassin. You can make us love your character, too.

———————————————————

As Queen Ann held her new born son a feeling of pride and hope filled her heart. She was married to the current king and was now going to be able to nurture and teach the next in line to the thrown. How did she get so lucky? She had been so blessed.

King Richard peeked around the door to see how his little family was doing. After all, his wife had only given birth a few hours earlier. “We are going to bring up our son to be the best King this kingdom has ever seen and as long as he looks like you, he’ll be the best looking too.” He smiled walking over to his Queen and giving her a gentle kiss on the cheek.

“Oh Richard, your majesty, you are to kind, but I think it’s your good looks that will make him the best looking king in the kingdom.” Queen Ann said with a smile.

“Well, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree about that little detail.” the king replied with a little chuckle.

The queen returned a giggle then asked her husband, “Do you think the kingdom can continue to do so well as it is now while we teach our son to be the best king he can be?”


The king got a more serious expression on his face, “That’s something for me to worry about I think, but as long as we continue to be at peace with the surrounding kingdoms and the people continue to support our efforts and work together to make things as good as they can be, I think there is a good chance he will grow up to be one very fine young man in looks and wisdom.”

a signature image created for Marvelous Friend
© Copyright 2024 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077817-Oct-5---CONTEST-ROUND-Protagonist-Background-Story