*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077390-That-Gender-Thing
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2326194
A new blog to contain answers to prompts
#1077390 added September 28, 2024 at 2:12pm
Restrictions: None
That Gender Thing!
Prompt:
Start your entry with this line: Girls are made of_______________ but boys are____________


---------------

Girls are made of sass and sweetness but boys are made of hopes for physical fitness and forever panic when faced with sass and sweetness. Do you hear my internal rhyming, here? Mind you, not all rhyming means poetry, does it!

Sharp wits with a playful edge in people's personalities makes them use a quick tongue and a clever way of responding with humor or irony. (Maggie Smith -RIP- comes to mind, who was also a very sweet person. Everyone who knew her says so. Unfortunately for me, I only knew her from her roles on the screen.)

Sass and sweetness can be contrasting qualities but they are also complementary. The dynamic they create can scare those who are weak inside. Ahem! I guess, here, boys might fit the slack, wouldn't you say?

To make up for that social weakness, some--who are mostly boys--take to lifting heavy weights, circuit training, sprinting up hills, cycling of all kinds, and running up stairs when they detect them. I should know from my two sons who still are into some such stuff although they just stepped into their fifties.

I think those fears come from being rejected or ridiculed as the body-builders have watched those with sass and sweetness chat and laugh among themselves with ease. That ease, although quite inviting, usually throws the body-builders off as they may feel like they are awkward outsiders, only because they spend so much time on their bodies that they neglect to develop social skills. Thus, a person with sass and sweetness may be daunting to them, and they feel like cowards without social skills despite all their fitness training. This makes all that muscle and agility, when and if successful, even less powerful than a protein shake.

Surely, what I have pulled out of the recesses of my old mind here is not for the perfectly developed males who are also gifted with wit and wisdom, but for those who are still trying to put themselves together. The same goes for girls, too. We all know, from the women in our lives, including yours truly, that not all females are full of sass and sweetness. In fact, since I'm not a quick-thinking machine, sass passes me by. Sweetness, I dare say, has had the same fate, also.

So, since I had to answer this prompt that asked to mention boys and girls separately in some way, this is what came out of my fingertips on the keyboard. Fact is, there are men with sass and sweetness same as there are women who may be afraid to deal with the opposite sex since they have overly developed parts of themselves that are considered to belong with the ideas of what a female should be like.

Separating the sexes or genders in identifiable ways may not always be truthful and correct since we are all humans and people are people in their own genuine ways.





© Copyright 2024 Joy-the Harpy Witch (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy-the Harpy Witch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077390-That-Gender-Thing