*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023405-The-beginning-of-a-new-world
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Seph
Rated: XGC · Book · Fantasy · #2263731
Zack slowly shrinks and his family already think he's useless.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1023405 added January 11, 2022 at 3:49pm
Restrictions: None
The beginning of a new world
Zack's arrival home was greeted as usual, no one paid attention to him as his step mother rushed around with dinner and his 3 step sisters were in their rooms. Even the 2 cats didn't care for him right now as they just slept by the fire. It was a really foggy day and Zack was happy to return home after a tough day at college. He was starting to think about packing it all in, go work at a shop or fast food place. He went straight to his room and rested in bed for a bit. His eyes slowly closed and after 2 hours he woke up to dinner being called. As he got himself together he went down to the chaos that ensued during dinner time. His step sisters and mother had a big appetite and they always rush in at dinner. In the kitchen there was noise and clatter as he had expected. He took a seat and started plating up the spag bol that was in a bowl in the middle. His sister, Sarah, was 24, the oldest of the 3 and 4 years older than Zack. She was next to him, leaning forward to scoop as much as she could on her plate. When she had finished she came crashing down onto her chair and budging into Zack, her butt almost pushing him off his chair, her blonde hair with blue streaks hit him in the face.

"Oooops, I sat down a bit quick there, didn't see you brother," she chuckled. She then looked at him and being right next to him she noticed a difference.
"You're shorter, I'm sure," she teased.
"No I'm not," he abruptly replied. He couldn't help but notice that the table seemed a bit higher up.
They continued to eat, spaghetti flying everywhere. They weren't the cleanest. After dinner all the girls ran off to get ready to go out for the weekend. Zack was going to stay in and play more games this weekend. It was his turn for the dishes so he started to clear the table. It was seemingly difficult to reach over the table. He took all the plates to sink and started rinsing them before he loaded them in the dishwasher. His mother came over and stood beside him.
"Sarah was right, you do look a little shorter, if only an inch," she said.
Zack's 6 foot height was nothing compared to the height of his 6 foot 9 mother.
Zack sighed, finished the dishes and went to his room. After a night of gaming he started to feel tired at around 3am. All his sisters were still out when he went to bed. Funny, his feet didn't reach the bottom anymore.
© Copyright 2022 Seph (UN: seph2587 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seph has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1023405-The-beginning-of-a-new-world